Has anyone played Silence of the Sleep?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
matt

Has anyone played Silence of the Sleep?

Post by matt »

I found out about it because it was nominated for the "Riot of the Year" award like Neverending Nightmares. From the Steam page, it looks kind of similar to Neverending Nightmares, so I'm curious if anyone has played it. I'm a bit backlogged with games, but maybe I'll check it out some time. Reading reviews, it sounds more puzzle focused than Neverending Nightmares, and the metacritic isn't great (but thanks to the 25/100 we got, neither is ours), but it might be cool.

Thanks everyone!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
JPrice

Re: Has anyone played Silence of the Sleep?

Post by JPrice »

Hmmmm never heard of it myself!
Kinda looks like a mix of The Cat Lady and a traditional old school adventure game. Seems like it might be worth a shot! I'll keep an eye on it and see if it goes on sale sometime though :)
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
matt

Post by matt »

Word on the street is that there is a Steam sale right around the corner. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

I'm watching HarshlyCritical play it (that's actually the reason I found Neverending Nightmares), and personally I think that The Cat Lady did the (sorta spoiler-y) hospital section better. But in the games own merits, only real problem I have with it is the dialog, everything else is very good. Can't wait to see the ending.

And talking about The Cat Lady, I need to make a thread for something.....
I was 14 y/o when I joined this forum and 14-15 y/o during the entire duration of my time posting here, so just keep that in mind when reading my posts. Trust me, looking back at my posts here as an adult, a good chunk of it is unreadably embarrassing.
matt

Post by matt »

Well, the Cat Lady is quite good, so it may be hard to top. However, I used a walkthrough because some of the puzzles were tricky. I don't think I would have ever figured out the hospital section. So you'd say overall the game looks cool? I was going to pick it up, but I didn't get around to it.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

matt wrote:Well, the Cat Lady is quite good, so it may be hard to top. However, I used a walkthrough because some of the puzzles were tricky. I don't think I would have ever figured out the hospital section. So you'd say overall the game looks cool? I was going to pick it up, but I didn't get around to it.
I'd say get it if you can, quite the game. Though the story is pretty cliche'd at first, it gets better as it progresses with its own neat style.
I was 14 y/o when I joined this forum and 14-15 y/o during the entire duration of my time posting here, so just keep that in mind when reading my posts. Trust me, looking back at my posts here as an adult, a good chunk of it is unreadably embarrassing.
matt

Post by matt »

Cool, thanks for the recommendation!
-Matt Gilgenbach