Has anyone played Five Nights at Freddie's?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
matt

Re: Has anyone played Five Nights at Freddie's?

Post by matt »

What do you guys think the odds of the movie getting made? I'd peg it pretty low given how video game to movies have a disappointing track record of actually getting into production. Perhaps the fact that this would most likely be a lower budget film might prevent it from getting stuck like huge budget productions for Bioshock and Halo. I wonder if the amount of special effects might make the budget higher than they can guarantee a ROI for a horror film, which traditionally have much lower budgets than action films.

Well, I hope it gets made. That would be really cool! :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
evilkinggumby

Post by evilkinggumby »

I could see it getting on board by studio canal+ or lion's gate possibly, but I wouldn't expect to see it hit the major studio's unless they get a stroke of luck and a major star wants to sign on and puts butt's into seats for a theatrical release. Maybe they'll get Ewe Bolle to helm it...LOL.
[I am Evilkinggumby on DeviantArt and Steam if you want to looks me up!]
matt

Post by matt »

Well, Warner Bros has the rights to it, so I don't think they are going to sell it to a smaller studio. I suspect it'll either get made or end up in development hell rather than giving the rights to someone else...
-Matt Gilgenbach
LobsterSundew

Post by LobsterSundew »

The lower budget needed would help. Being a horror film helps. To get made it has to survive multiple steps in the Hollywood system. If it fails any of them it could be shelved. I do think the chances are less than 50%.

Acquiring the rights to adapt material is like its own game. It is sometimes worth grabbing a property to keep it out of the hands of a competitor. Sometime later someone may want to pay more for it. Not every IP the rights are acquired for needs to turn a profit. The successes help fund the ones the studio does nothing with. The game was doing very well for recognition, so if the price was cheap enough the studio could be fine with paying a relatively low amount to secure the rights.

The game's premise could be distilled down into an easy script. For locations the restaurant may be all that is needed.

During the first part of the movie there can be all the creepy build-up looking at the animatornics in the day.

The story could have some odd things happen over the first four nights and then the action happen on the fifth night.

Lots of jumpscares like turning around and the red curtains being open with Foxy's face visible.

The animatronics could become more beat up and damaged while the protagonist tries to escape and does things like set off a propane tank explosion.

There can be jump scares like a robot arm punching through a wall, but not being able to reach the protagonist. There could be lots of Paranormal Activity inspired hauntings seen through fuzzy security camera footage.

There could be an after-credits scene looking through the eye holes of a Freddy mask.

It could be decent to really good if it gets made.
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

http://scottgames.com

Welp, looks like Scott isn't done yet - at least this time it appears he won't rush it like the previous games, but goddamn. The fanbase was JUST dieing down and now this comes along. -_-
I was 14 y/o when I joined this forum and 14-15 y/o during the entire duration of my time posting here, so just keep that in mind when reading my posts. Trust me, looking back at my posts here as an adult, a good chunk of it is unreadably embarrassing.
matt

Post by matt »

It'll be interesting to see how the extra development time affects the games. He put the previous 3 out lightning fast, so maybe this one will be larger in scope or more epic. I'm excited to see what tricks he has up his sleeve (or under his hat). :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

Welp the images changed, lovely dark blue.

My main problem with this is that Scott seems to be trying to make something scary even though the first game showed that the child-friendly, 'cute' animatronics created a much better atmosphere then these misfit monstrosities.
I was 14 y/o when I joined this forum and 14-15 y/o during the entire duration of my time posting here, so just keep that in mind when reading my posts. Trust me, looking back at my posts here as an adult, a good chunk of it is unreadably embarrassing.
matt

Post by matt »

I imagine he has to do something new from an art standpoint or people will feel like the game is just a rehash... I think it is a tricky line to walk with a beloved franchise. You have expectations to live up to! While I wish I had the financial security of a franchise, it is nice that I can do crazy new games without disappointing anyone. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

Image changed again, now it's spooky GOLDEN CHICA.

Or, uh, perhaps just normal Chica. She is yellow after all.... I think.

Uhhhh... Dammit, I ran out of stuff to say/criticize about FNaF now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

Just realized it's been changed to Foxy, for those unaware.

Seriously nothing to say now.