Has anyone played Five Nights at Freddie's?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
Cridone

Re: Has anyone played Five Nights at Freddie's?

Post by Cridone »

matt wrote:I was thinking about a subtitle like that, but someone pointed out that it is unclear if it is a sequel, remake, add on content, DLC, etc, etc. Silent Hill 1 and 2 at least had the city of Silent Hill in common. Neverending Nightmares will only have nightmares in common. hahah That's why I like the idea of a similar title but not a sequel and no colons. We have a while before we need a title, so hopefully inspiration will strike. :)
An Ed Gorey type of promotional art with some some text reminiscent of his writing for the sequel would be pretty neat.

On Five Nights at Freddy's though, Scott already has been showing off some cool thingys....

This isn't the first image btw, I just wanted to include only the recent one.
I was 14 y/o when I joined this forum and 14-15 y/o during the entire duration of my time posting here, so just keep that in mind when reading my posts. Trust me, looking back at my posts here as an adult, a good chunk of it is unreadably embarrassing.
matt

Post by matt »

We are actually probably going to take the art in a bit of a different direction, so our promo would probably look different. We don't want to tease the next game since we don't even know what it's called. hahha
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
LobsterSundew

Post by LobsterSundew »

The Five Nights at Freddie's 3 teaser is now on YouTube. The focus in on a yellow animatronic that looks like to me like a combination of at least two of the main animatronic characters.
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

I gotta say that I love the direction that he's taking Five Nights at Freddy's 3, like a Wes Craven-ish meta sequel. The events from the first two games have become a local legend, and the new owners of the old pizzeria have converted it into a haunted house attraction. It's still a bit early to tell how different it will play from the others, but the pre-release stuff says that there's just one animatronic, as opposed to the 4 like the first game, or the ridiculous 10 or 11 that the second game had, so I'm very interested in seeing what he's done with the formula.
matt

Post by matt »

That sounds really cool. I am super lame and *still* haven't played the game. It uses a resolution that my monitor can't handle at the right aspect ratio, so I need to play it on another computer. Stupid monitor!

Having only seen the first few minutes I'm really impressed with how he made such a compelling game by smartly working around the limitations of the tech. I assumed it was a standard Unity 3d rendered game, but it seems like everything is prerended, and it uses Clickteam Fusion for the engine.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

Yup, prerendered in a 2D engine. Pretty impressive, the only problem with that is the fish eye lens view it gives you, but it actually gives off a unique effect.
I was 14 y/o when I joined this forum and 14-15 y/o during the entire duration of my time posting here, so just keep that in mind when reading my posts. Trust me, looking back at my posts here as an adult, a good chunk of it is unreadably embarrassing.
LobsterSundew

Post by LobsterSundew »

About two hours ago Markiplier tweeted he has access to the third game.
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

LobsterSundew wrote:About two hours ago Markiplier tweeted he has access to the third game.
And he's got the first part up on Youtube already: http://youtu.be/BB_4BnQe-qc

Good lord, I'm overwhelmed just watching that video. He's ramped up the juggling act that is camera/vent/light checking to a whole new level, and thrown in even more twists.
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

Of course, 3 minutes after the demo, BOOM!, full game is released.Scott, you actually had a reason for the second game, now it just seems to be a pattern. Do you know something called patience and time?
LobsterSundew

Post by LobsterSundew »

There is great progress towards a Hollywood movie adaptation of the series.