Has anyone played Five Nights at Freddie's?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
Cridone

Re: Has anyone played Five Nights at Freddie's?

Post by Cridone »

RightClickSaveAs wrote:Oh wow, he announced a 3rd already? Good on him for tapping into such a successful thing, but that seems a little quick.
Personally, I don't think a giant yellow number three appearing 'hidden' on his website is an announcement. It's more of a small teaser for those who find it.

Not denying it's going to happen, I just think people are tangling themselves about it way too soon when the only confirmation is a number 3 on his website, for FNAF 2 it made sense since we actually got that FNAF 2 teaser with Freddy tipping his tophat and 'grand reopening' on it.
I was 14 y/o when I joined this forum and 14-15 y/o during the entire duration of my time posting here, so just keep that in mind when reading my posts. Trust me, looking back at my posts here as an adult, a good chunk of it is unreadably embarrassing.
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Cridone wrote:Personally, I don't think a giant yellow number three appearing 'hidden' on his website is an announcement. It's more of a small teaser for those who find it.

Not denying it's going to happen, I just think people are tangling themselves about it way too soon when the only confirmation is a number 3 on his website, for FNAF 2 it made sense since we actually got that FNAF 2 teaser with Freddy tipping his tophat and 'grand reopening' on it.
But on the other hand, he knew people were going to find it, what else could it possibly be?
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

Grabthehoopka wrote:
Cridone wrote:Personally, I don't think a giant yellow number three appearing 'hidden' on his website is an announcement. It's more of a small teaser for those who find it.

But on the other hand, he knew people were going to find it, what else could it possibly be?
Again; not denying it's for FNAF 3, just that people are tangling themselves about it way too soon.

A FNAF 3 would be amazing, however I'm sitting here telling myself 'he better pull off something new if he wants to keep the series interesting'.
I was 14 y/o when I joined this forum and 14-15 y/o during the entire duration of my time posting here, so just keep that in mind when reading my posts. Trust me, looking back at my posts here as an adult, a good chunk of it is unreadably embarrassing.
matt

Post by matt »

Sequels are tricky things. You want to meet your existing fan base expectations all the while trying to grow your audience and fix the unpopular things from the last game.

I don't think I could make a proper "sequel" to Neverending Nightmares. I want to have more flexibility to change the design, and I don't think I have ANOTHER story to tell with Thomas.

If you CAN create something with franchise potential, it is guaranteed sales, so it is a nice security blanket. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

matt wrote:Sequels are tricky things. You want to meet your existing fan base expectations all the while trying to grow your audience and fix the unpopular things from the last game.

I don't think I could make a proper "sequel" to Neverending Nightmares. I want to have more flexibility to change the design, and I don't think I have ANOTHER story to tell with Thomas.

If you CAN create something with franchise potential, it is guaranteed sales, so it is a nice security blanket. :)
Well I don't think NevNightmares is a sequel worthy game, I think it's a good game that stands on itself about what it's portraying.

The only thing I could think of is some moment with moody lighting with Thomas in the dark before he says some random stuff before he has a heart attack and dies........ wait what, I don't even know what I was going with that.
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Is this not what the point of the Next Nightmare board is for?

I think it definitely deserves a sequel, although my definition of sequel is apparently a bit looser than everyone else's. Yes, the story probably shouldn't continue, but there are TONS of good sequels that maintain some of the gameplay of their predecessors while having little to nothing to do with the story, Silent Hill 2 among them. Heck, there are plenty of sequels in name only that have even less to do with their predecessors. The core mechanics of Neverending Nightmares are pretty much perfect, and I don't think I've read a single complaint about the control scheme or the way the game was presented. So, with some changes in design, yes, I think you could make a perfectly fine sequel to Neverending Nightmares.

I consider Bioshock a sequel to System Shock 2. I have no idea what you're planning, but barring some incredibly drastic change in the core mechanics, I'm not sure what you could do to make me not think of Codename: Next Nightmare as a sequel to Neverending Nightmares. :)
Cridone

Post by Cridone »

The idea of a game that is different from NevNightmares but also ties into it somehow would be cool, I just am not really for a complete direct sequel.
matt

Post by matt »

Don't worry! The next game will very much be a spiritual successor. :) We may have some new mechanics, but it'll very much be along the same lines as Neverending Nightmares.

We probably wouldn't call it "Neverending Nightmares 2" though. I'd like to call it something similar, but not exactly the same. Perhaps something like "Neverending Night-terrors" or "Not-stopping Nightmares" - but hopefully not as lame. hahaha.
-Matt Gilgenbach
evilkinggumby

Post by evilkinggumby »

i doubt it would happen but it'd be kool to kind of go a little ed gorey with it and slowly build up a nice little running theme.

Neverending Nightmares: Tom's Terror
Neverending Nightmares: Susie's Sleeplessness
Neverending Nightmares: Robert's Red Room
Neverending Nightmares: Matt's Malcontent

etc etc etc where you have that little bit of alliteration and a slight tweak to the first game to make them all fall into line. I'd personally LOVE to have a shelf of games (simple dvd boxed ones) where the spines all were black and white text with a small doodle and matching titles like that.
[I am Evilkinggumby on DeviantArt and Steam if you want to looks me up!]
matt

Post by matt »

I was thinking about a subtitle like that, but someone pointed out that it is unclear if it is a sequel, remake, add on content, DLC, etc, etc. Silent Hill 1 and 2 at least had the city of Silent Hill in common. Neverending Nightmares will only have nightmares in common. hahah That's why I like the idea of a similar title but not a sequel and no colons. We have a while before we need a title, so hopefully inspiration will strike. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach