Neverending Nightmares wikipedia page?

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
matt

Re: Neverending Nightmares wikipedia page?

Post by matt »

I am new to TV tropes, but shouldn't some/all of those should have some sort of spoiler warning? "Gabby, pulling double shift as both the Distressed Damsel and the Big Bad." I imagine it'll be hard to keep a lid on that, but it might be nice to have some sort of spoiler indicator if the site supports it.

Anyway, thanks for putting that together!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Thanks for the links ranger! It'd be nice to make the page bulletproof with regards to citations and stuff. I've been writing up a much more comprehensive page, I'll put it all up when I get the citations figured out.

I don't know much about TV Tropes, but I'll check it out and add stuff if I have something worthwhile to contribute!

As an aside, and I'm really trying not to get sucked back into this world because I made that mistake years ago with Wikipedia, but the person who nominated the page for deletion is apparently just on some kind of deletion nomination rampage right now. If you look at this person's contributions, it's just pages full of going around and tagging stuff for deletion. I don't get it at all, but I'm going to not get involved in all that again, because it's bad for your overall health :) But anyway there's really no reason the page should be removed, hell just look at Caffeine's page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine_%28video_game%29 , if that one hasn't been deleted by now then NN's page will be fine.
matt

Post by matt »

People on wikipedia are definitely weird about moderation and what is wikipedia "worthy". As you said, there are pages with less. I think once we add some more citations we will be safe from the wikipedia police. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
ranger_lennier

Post by ranger_lennier »

miumiaou wrote:I am tempted to do the french wikipedia page but I believe it'll be deleted if I submit it before the release of Neverending Nightmare (I don't know, I'll ask my boyfriend)
I wouldn't think it would be deleted, unless the French version of Wikipedia has more stringent requirements for some reason. You might wait until the English article is more fleshed out, since that should be a good basis for it. Has Neverending Nightmares been covered in any French-language media?
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

matt wrote:I am new to TV tropes, but shouldn't some/all of those should have some sort of spoiler warning?
Yeah, sorry about that. I sprinkled some spoiler tags throughout, so it should be less spoileriffic now.
I'm sorry, I should have known. I've seen the livestreams, I know how you can get.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I wouldn't think it would be deleted, unless the French version of Wikipedia has more stringent requirements for some reason. You might wait until the English article is more fleshed out, since that should be a good basis for it.
unfortunately it is the case, I ever had trouble to submit for a similar reason, but if I can, I'll translate the English article.
Has Neverending Nightmares been covered in any French-language media?
Yes, by JeuxVideo.com (but I don't know if it's a good news since this website don't do a very good job and is part of the Himedia group) and by pocket gamer (their article isn't bad but there's some mistakes in it). I did wrote about it on the forum of Nolife TV but nobody answered me.
matt

Post by matt »

Yeah, sorry about that. I sprinkled some spoiler tags throughout, so it should be less spoileriffic now.
I'm sorry, I should have known. I've seen the livestreams, I know how you can get.
Hahah YES! Everything is a spoiler! I'm in a weird position where we will be putting one playthrough including the ending out there for backers over 2 months before release, so that'll be interesting to see how to keep the secrets under wraps. I suppose it will be helpful that there is no true ending, but I'm concerned people will see the ending and say "Oh, I don't need to play the game now".

Oh well... My thought is that it is better to have the game discussed than not, and I think there will be PLENTY of things to discuss in the next build or two, since the story is coming to its climax.

Anyway, I appreciate all your efforts making the wikipedia page and tv tropes page. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Thank you. I started on it right when my ADD meds kicked in, so I spent...more hours working on it than I am comfortable sharing.

But hopefully the benefits are worth the effort. The good thing about TV Tropes is that each trope page has examples of other media. In addition to the main page, I went around to different trope pages and listed Neverending Nightmares as an example, so in theory, it should pique the interest of a few people browsing those pages who've never heard of it before. (which I had prepared for, by the by, putting links to the website and donation page in the description...)
matt

Post by matt »

Awesome! I really appreciate it! :-D
-Matt Gilgenbach
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Wow TVTropes goes pretty deep. Nice work putting all that up!

OK, now the wikipedia page is all cited up. There are something like 6 different sources, so not too shabby. Not a ton of info yet, but it can be gradually added as the game gets closer to release.