I'm Matt Gilgenbach (the developer guy)

Say hello to the rest of the community. Need an ice breaker? Share what your favorite horror movie is.
darkvamp001

Re: I'm Matt Gilgenbach (the developer guy)

Post by darkvamp001 »

matt wrote:Sure, an interview sounds good to me. Drop me a line when you figure out what you want to do: press@infinitapgames.com :)
Hooray! One of our group members will be gone for a week or two, so we won't be able to do it for a little while, but that'll give us plenty of time to prepare. Thank you so much! I'm really excited about this! :D
matt

Post by matt »

No problem. Happy to help!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

@matt
I was sure you'd like it. I particularly liked some of the quotable parts of it, like "He wrote me that way" and "Did I ever tell you my favourite colour is blue?"... :-D

@darkvamp001
Just be sure to drop a link to the episode when it's actually done and up, I'd say.
Raziel_cz

Post by Raziel_cz »

matt wrote:Also, I just watched "In the Mouth of Madness", and I really liked it. Thanks for the recommendation! John Carpenter is awesome!
I'm glad you liked it. John Carpenter sure is one of the best minds in horror. It's a shame he didn't direct many of good things after "In the Mouth of Madness". Maybe I enjoyed "Escape from L.A.", "Vampires", even "Ghosts of Mars", but these are guilty pleasures, not first-rate pieces of cinematography. I'd kill someone to be sure his new movie "Darkchylde" will be good. It looks like nothing can go wrong, but you never know...

I'm also excited from Carpenter's recent statement about the making of videogame. It seems he liked the works on "F.E.A.R. 3".
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

I also really liked Carpenter's The Fog and Village of the Damned. One a classical ghost story, the other a somewhat more psychological horror piece with alien intruders.

Another awesome Carpenter movie is Big Trouble in Little China, of course, but I didn't list it before because it isn't really a horror movie. It's more of an action comedy with some very small horror elements. Very small.

And yet another one is Darkstar, which is a bit of a satirical, philosophical piece about despair, loneliness and self-awareness. And a sentient bomb. And a beach ball.
matt

Post by matt »

My favorite John Carpenter movie is "The Thing". The original "Halloween" is pretty cool.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Raziel_cz

Post by Raziel_cz »

gagaplex wrote:I also really liked Carpenter's The Fog and Village of the Damned. One a classical ghost story, the other a somewhat more psychological horror piece with alien intruders.

Another awesome Carpenter movie is Big Trouble in Little China, of course, but I didn't list it before because it isn't really a horror movie. It's more of an action comedy with some very small horror elements. Very small.

And yet another one is Darkstar, which is a bit of a satirical, philosophical piece about despair, loneliness and self-awareness. And a sentient bomb. And a beach ball.
"Big Trouble in Little China" is great! I also like "Escape from New York" and "Escape from L.A." And I think the second one is better. Don't judge me.
matt wrote:My favorite John Carpenter movie is "The Thing". The original "Halloween" is pretty cool.
I guess "The Thing" is, in the end, Carpenter's very best movie. I can't forget to mention "In the Mouth of Madness" on my TOP list right after it though. :) But enough has been said about it already.
matt

Post by matt »

I felt like "Escape from LA" was more of a remake than a sequel as "Escape from New York". I saw LA first, so it is difficult for me to compare. I quite enjoyed "Big Trouble in Little China".

Fun fact: the original "True Crime: Streets of LA" was apparently inspired by "Big Trouble in Little China". Apparently that's why they have a dragon for a boss.
-Matt Gilgenbach
loudERIC

Post by loudERIC »

True Crime was a confusing game. True crime? Then why am I having a shoot out with demons?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill.
darkvamp001

Post by darkvamp001 »

gagaplex wrote: @darkvamp001
Just be sure to drop a link to the episode when it's actually done and up, I'd say.
I'll be sure to do so! My colleagues and I are currently discussing how we're going to format our interview. Hopefully we'll have something soon! :)