What games are you playing right now?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
RightClickSaveAs

What games are you playing right now?

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

I just finished Alan Wake, it was a pretty enjoyable pulpy horror story, but I never quite got used to the combat. The light mechanic was a cool idea and implemented pretty well.

Now I'm playing the DLC/addon, Alan Wake's American Nightmare. This is a lot of fun, although it's apparently really short, they improved nearly everything about the game; more open environments, better enemy variety, smoother controls.

I'm also playing Diablo III again for some reason... yeah, it's a decent time killer. I never played much but a wizard so I'm checking out some other classes.

Oh and I'm still playing Knock-knock, although the designers have said there's no "optimal" ending really, I'm trying to get the one where you don't run out of sanity.

Anyone use Backloggery? I added all my stuff a while ago, and it's a good way to keep track of what you have, although it takes forever as you have to manually enter everything.

siovannie

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by siovannie »

I just bought Beyond: Two Souls so I'm playing that one. I'm really enjoying it so far, the story is really good. I don't think I even need to mention how amazing the visuals are.
I'm also playing Ni No Kuni. Really fun game, I especially enjoy the designs from Ghibli.
Last but not least I'm almost done with Tales of Xillia. I'm a big fan of the Tales of... series, and this is one of the better games. Once I finish the game with Jude, I'll replay it with Milla.
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Well I finished Shadow Warrior recently and I really enjoyed that.

Also been playing some Team Fortress 2 which has always been a staple of my gaming line up, looking forward to the new Halloween update coming out. Hopefully there'll be some new weapons rather than hats because it's been ages since the last new weapon hahaha

Also I may give Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons a shot soon, considering it's in the newest Steam sale at 50% off and I've heard some pretty good things about it.
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

Alan Wake's American Nightmare is awesome, I really like the villain and the twist to the level-cycling.

I rarely get to play currently (lots of work right now, maybe it'll be easier in 1-2 weeks), but when I did this weekend, I played some Roaming Fortress, a weird but interesting indie game with arcade, tower defense and RPG elements.

I'm also still replaying Fallout 3, although I haven't made any progress in weeks. The videos I'm uploading are still pre-recorded, heh. Thank god for huge external storage capacity.

And I just recently got accepted into the beta for Mighty Quest For Epic Loot, played a little bit of that as the archer.

If I find the time, I really want to get into Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, an indie tactical/RPG game that's supposed to be really good. Only did the tutorial so far, though.

Gah. So many games, so little time.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I always begin a lot of games, after a certain time I begin to grow tired so I stop a little time and after I continue the game so I'm on:
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and 3D
Wild arms 1,3 and 5
Dead Space
.Hack://Quarantine
Botanicula
...And I think I forgot some so...
matt

Post by matt »

Recently, I've finished:
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Outlast
Gone Home
Actual Sunlight

I'm playing:
Charlie Murder
Dragon's Crown (I wanted to see how they did their animation. Plus, I love Golden Axe, and this seems like a spiritual successor)
Phantasmagoria (I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it. It didn't age very gracefully. ha!)

I'm anxiously awaiting the Xbox One release so I can play Crimson Dragon, and I'll probably get Forza and maybe Dead Rising 3.
I have a PS4 preordered as well, but I haven't decided what to get for it. I was going to get Outlast, but I guess it isn't coming out until next year, so I bought it on Steam.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

What did you think of Gone Home? I loved it. They've really done something different with that game, almost created a new genre, really.
JPrice wrote: Also I may give Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons a shot soon, considering it's in the newest Steam sale at 50% off and I've heard some pretty good things about it.
This looks great, I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'll probably get this.
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

I personally really enjoyed Gone Home, beat it in one sitting. Sadly it's not all that long but the experience was actually pretty great and the story was told rather well. But I would recommend getting it when it's on sale for cheap as I think I paid full price when it originally came out hahaa.

Also Matt I'm curious which did you prefer Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs or Outlast?
I've only played Outlast and I found it to be a pretty damn good game overall, had some flaws though. The amount of "gamey" elements took me out of the experience sometimes with its "Activate X number of this" to progress and there was some obvious AI pathing. That said the atmosphere was great, gameplay was exciting most of the time and it looks great to boot. Loved the camera idea as well as it made for some great creepy moments.

I've heard that AAMFP was a disappointment to most people but I'd be interested to hear your take on it :D
matt

Post by matt »

I think the problem with Amnesia: Machine for Pigs is that people are expecting Amnesia when they are getting something that has more in common with Dear Esther. It's hard for me to compare it with Outlast because they are pretty different games. AMFP is more thought provoking and didn't quite feel like a horror game to me. It almost felt more in the genre of "Gone Home". (I'm not sure what genre that would be) Outlast was a horror/stealth game, and their stealth was a bit too challenging for me.

So in conclusion, I can't really answer your question. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Hmmmm yeah that's a fair point, so yeah it's fine that you can't answer my question :)

Also I feel like I need something to play for Halloween tomorrow. I'm thinking maybe Dead Space 2 or Condemned: Criminal Origins as they're personal favourites of mine, gah make a choice for me guys I can't decide :lol: