Half-Paralysis and Cloaked Figure

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
Harry Sunderland

Half-Paralysis and Cloaked Figure

Post by Harry Sunderland »

I had an interesting nightmare last night. In the dream (not in reality), I awoke in bed, but only the right-half of my body awoke. So my right eye was open, and I had control over my right arm and right leg, but my left eye was still closed, and I couldn't move any limbs on the left side of my body.

What's worse is just at the edge of my peripheral vision, to my left, I could see a tall cloaked figure, similar in appearance to the typical grim reaper image (however, I could not see enough of him to see a face or anything else, just the edge of the cloak). I could not get out of bed, so the only thing I could do was roll onto my right side.

And then I felt pressure on me, like the cloaked figure laid on top of me. I then heard a whisper in my left ear. First it whispered my name slowly, and then it whispered "You're going to die."

Since I couldn't move anything on the left side of my body, I could not move any further, and since I could not see out of my left eye, I couldn't even see what was laying on top of me.

It was a pretty terrifying dream marked with a pretty strong feeling of helplessness.

Thought I'd share.
matt

Re: Half-Paralysis and Cloaked Figure

Post by matt »

WOW! That is amazingly terrifying.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

the beginning remember me the sleep paralysis but only in half of your body. (For those who don't know what the sleep paralysis is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis) Have you ever experienced one?
Alina David

Post by Alina David »

I had a similar dream.

In my dream I am sleeping on my back in my bed and I woke up only to see my room covered in shadow.There is no light from the streetlight outside my window only pick black darkness.I try to get out of and turn on the light to banish the creeping shadows but I find myself tangled in my blanket.I struggle go get free,I give it my all but the blanket keeps getting more tangled and the shadows get closer and closer.I start screaming for help but no one comes to help me.I then start screaming for my mother but it's as if the apartment is empty.I manage to free my arms and start dragging my self towards the light switch.I'm sure that the light will save me if I manage to turn it on.I am overwhelmed with a feeling of dread and despair but I manage to turn on the switch.My moment of joy is short lived only to be replaced by a cold nothingness when I awake again in my bead.This time I am on my stomach and something is holding me in that position. I can only move my head and look at the side.From the corner of my eye I can see someone coming closer.I can only make out that it's a man wearing a pair of dark brown pants and a burnt Christmas sweater.When the figure is very close to me I feel a pair of razor blades touch my hand and then I wake up.

And that's my Freddy Krueger/sleep paralysis dream :D The nasty part is that it was dark outside when I woke up.I hid under the blanket for about 5 min. before I mastered the courage to try and turn on the lights.
matt

Post by matt »

I don't think I've ever dreamed of a character from a slasher film. It must be scary!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Alina David

Post by Alina David »

matt wrote:I don't think I've ever dreamed of a character from a slasher film. It must be scary!
In the dream it was scary but now it feels more like I met a celebrity :lol:
matt

Post by matt »

You got to experience Freddie Kruger in his natural element - a nightmare! :-D Do you happen to live on Elm Street? :lol:
-Matt Gilgenbach
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I think before going to live on Elm street, you should train to have lucid dreams all the time
matt

Post by matt »

I've tried to have lucid dreams, but even when I am aware I'm dreaming, I still can't exert control. Controlling your dreams seems so cool. I wish I could!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

I've had a few lucid dreams, but they are always really boring. Once I realize I'm dreaming, I usually just sit down in a chair and wait to wake-up.

I guess my dream-self is pretty lame.