Force Feedback

Post your suggestions for the development team here.
matt

Re: Force Feedback

Post by matt »

Cool! Thanks for the input about... input! :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
ranger_lennier

Post by ranger_lennier »

Personally, I almost always use a controller when it's supported. It feels very natural for a game like Neverending Nightmares.
matt

Post by matt »

Me too! :-D We are definitely designing around the gamepad, but I want to make sure that we offer a good experience to everyone. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Matt I demand you make NN support my donkey konga bongo drums using a usb adapter. :twisted:
matt

Post by matt »

Hahahah. I toyed with getting Drummania controllers working with Retro/Grade way back when, but it was super confusing. I think I also tried my Taiko Drum Master, but I don't think that worked any better.

All the peripheral support was a big pain in the butt for Retro/Grade and underutilized, so I'm thinking of not even supporting gamepads that aren't set up through Steam. I guess that means if you can set it up in Steam and map all the controls, you can play with your Donkey Kongas, but I don't think there are enough inputs. haha
-Matt Gilgenbach
Zigg

Post by Zigg »

Well, I'm 15 minutes into the beta and I must say force feedback was definitely worth implementing... the girl appearing out of nowhere in the dark hallway while my controller bursts in my hands definitely took me by surprise and made me scarequit :shock:

=> damn good job so far, guys. The FX and music especially help setting the mood ! *noise of wood planks creeeaking....*
matt

Post by matt »

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that worked out. I originally didn't have a rumble there, but someone on the forum suggested it, and I'm glad they did. :-D
-Matt Gilgenbach