What should be the name?

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
Grabthehoopka

Re: What should be the name?

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Tandem wrote:Thomas sounds good to me, but Gabrielle just sounds too...elegant? I think that's the best word for it. At least to me lol.
Maybe Gabriella?
matt

Post by matt »

I was thinking maybe she would go by Gabby, but I am not 100% sure yet.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
pingu

Post by pingu »

Oh wow, I think the name Gabby is suiting. It sounds like the name of someone innocent and playful. It's a nice contrast with her macabre end.
Premortal

Post by Premortal »

The guy looks like he could be Marcus. Lily sounds like it would be a good name for the female.
“Yes, I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.”
hipstrovert

Post by hipstrovert »

I think his name should be Clarke, named after Isaac Clarke of the Dead Space horror series.
And that her name should be DEMON SPAWN FROM HELL, because she is scary!!!
Kidding, kidding, I think that she should be named Elisa, It's a shorter version and less proper version of Elizabeth and the game seems like it is based sometime around the 18 or 1900's and that just seems like a typical name for that time period
matt

Post by matt »

Technically, he would be named after Arthur C. Clarke, since Issac Clarke was a combination of his name and Issac Asimov's. :) Elizabeth is definitely a good period name.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Gabby has kind of a creepy innocence that I think reflects the period you're going for. :? :? :?
haitechan

Post by haitechan »

I second Thomas and Gabrielle. Gabby could work too, as she's a pretty young girl.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

+1 haitechan
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

haitechan wrote:I second Thomas and Gabrielle. Gabby could work too, as she's a pretty young girl.
I was actually rather unclear on that. Yes, the girl in the intro sequence is quite young, but both the main character and the girl during the actual gameplay seem rather older to me. I had figured that the young girl was... well, a memory of who the girl/young woman haunting the protagonist was. Or maybe it's just because we only see her for quick flashes and her face is distorted, but she looks older in the game itself to me than the girl in the intro... this also goes for the sequence near the end of the demo, where we see her hanging: Her... corpse... doesn't look as young as the girl in the intro did.