Steam Summer Sales: What have you bought?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
Harry Sunderland

Re: Steam Summer Sales: What have you bought?

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Brothers had me in tears. Incredible game.
matt

Post by matt »

It seems like I picked some good games!

Will I need a walkthrough for KR0? I am really bad at adventure games and have very little patience for puzzles.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Not at all, the game is very straightforward and it's all about the story. I can't say there is a single puzzle in the game, there are things that may seem like puzzles but if you just pick an option it will move forward. The most confusing thing is probably navigating the roads, and you can always check your Notes in the menu to find out where you need to go next.
matt

Post by matt »

Cool thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind for whenever I get a chance to try the game. hahah Maybe after we finish Neverending Nightmares?

*EDIT* Now I've gone and bought Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den for $9.99. Who knows if I'll ever play them (maybe I'll just play Minerva's Den and not Bioshock), but these Steam sales sure are good at pushing you to buy anything you were every thinking about maybe playing. hahaha
-Matt Gilgenbach
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Matt I agree. I'm still debating if I should buy Metro Last Light, when I still haven't found time to play 2033! I think I'll hold off...but I also think I'll cave if it goes on sale one more time.

In better news, I discovered the Steam Marketplace yesterday and made $4.00 selling all my cards ($0.20 of which came from Retro/Grade, so thanks for that ;)).

So whatever comes on sale next, I'm ready for it! I'm in serious danger of buying Wolf Among Us as well. At least I'm close to beating Duck Tales: Remastered...so there's that going for me.

One step forward and two steps back with respect to my library...
matt

Post by matt »

I was going to pick up Metro, but then I realized that Metro Redux is coming out on August 26th, and I'd rather play that.

I'd recommend picking up The Wolf Among Us. I am really digging it - more so than The Walking Dead Season 2. Season 2 doesn't really have a goal pushing it forward like season 1 or TWAU, which I think really hurts it...
-Matt Gilgenbach
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

matt wrote:I'd recommend picking up The Wolf Among Us. I am really digging it - more so than The Walking Dead Season 2. Season 2 doesn't really have a goal pushing it forward like season 1 or TWAU, which I think really hurts it...
Glad I picked up The Wolf Among Us then!
Also yeah I can kinda get what you mean by that about The Walking Dead Season 2. I've played through all three available episodes now and it does seem a little disjointed. More like a set of scenarios strung together, I mean it started with getting to Wellington but after that it kinda just boiled down to "Yeah we're going somewhere North. I think?". I mean the writing and drama is still top notch but you are right in that it would be better with a singular goal. After Episode 3 ended I'm just thinking "So where are we going now?" and judging by the 'Next on...' preview it seems like its not being made any clearer. So yes not as good as Season 1 sure but still pretty great :)

As for TWAU I guess I'll have to wait and see, should start it tomorrow. I've heard that it's as good, maybe even better than The Walking Dead so that's something to look forward to :D
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
RightClickSaveAs

Harry Sunderland wrote: In better news, I discovered the Steam Marketplace yesterday and made $4.00 selling all my cards ($0.20 of which came from Retro/Grade, so thanks for that ;)).
The marketplace is great for unloading those cards. I have no interest in collecting them, so if they sell for a decent amount to make the 10 seconds of effort worth it ($0.10 or more) I'll toss what I have up there and basically get a free sale game. I just discovered that the Dreadout cards are going for $0.30-$0.40 for some inexplicable reason, I'd forgotten that game even had them.
matt

Post by matt »

There are currently a few cool horror deals available:
The awesome Alan Wake is available for $4.49.
The challenging System Shock 2 is available for $1.49.
FEAR including DLC is now $2.49.

As a bonus, the delightful Octodad is available for $5.09. It isn't a horror game, but I made a video about how it is similar to one. haha
-Matt Gilgenbach
RightClickSaveAs

Has anyone played the new version of Anna that's on Steam? It got bad reviews on launch, but apparently they updated it based on some of that feedback: Anna: Extended Edition. At $2, I might take one for the team and report back. I have trading card funds to blow before the sale ends!