Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
Miao

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Post by Miao »

I found it funny that you mentioned this game in a former Update, because it's the start of the causal chain why I backed Neverending Nightmares.
On deviantart.com the great Humon made a sketch of a LP'ler, who struggled with the game (666theheartless666, a funny chap and more people should watch his videos :) . After this I started watching his LP's and afterwards also those from a certain MangaMinx*, who later would do a video of the Neverending Nightmares -demo :D

The aforementioned LP is quite a good summary why this game failed miserably. Games shouldn't be unplayable due to glitches (delaying the publishing is better than frustrating players with glitches, not everyone has the nerve to wait for patches). Which is a pity, Lovecraft's work offer a nice ressource for horror games.

*I stopped watching her vids, after it became too obvious that she churns them out to make money without enjoying playing them... :/
matt

Re: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Post by matt »

That's really interesting! It's funny how things come together like that! Thanks for sharing! :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
nsane

Re: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Post by nsane »

I really liked the premise of this game and tried to get into it, however, I just couldn't and to be honest, I can't really put my finger on why, either.