Air Control: A Game on Steam Less Complete Than Alpha 0.3

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
Harry Sunderland

Air Control: A Game on Steam Less Complete Than Alpha 0.3

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Guys, Have you heard of Air Control? It looks basically like an insane person's cash grab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnzN-3N_0xw

This thing costs $5.99 on Steam (maybe it's been pulled by now).

If a game like this can exist on Steam, Matt should go ahead and just release 0.3 as the final product. It's certainly more coherent than this piece of crap!
Grabthehoopka

Re: Air Control: A Game on Steam Less Complete Than Alpha 0.

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Pffft. Neverending Nightmares takes shits that are more polished than the unregulated drek that Steam puts out, Alpha 0.3 or no.

Matt has sold out enough times to make up for not selling out this once, I believe.
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

*sigh* It still amazes me how these games get on Steam so easily. Alpha 0.3 is easily better than this garbage lets be fair :P
Although I will admit it was hilarious watching Mr. Sterling play it hahaha
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
matt

Post by matt »

I could be wrong, but it seems like "being on Steam" will soon be synonymous with having a Windows exe. :-/ Hopefully people don't start putting viruses in Steam games... :-/

It used to be that being on Steam was like the "Nintendo Seal of Quality" - you could count on it being finished and interesting. With Greenlight, they are opening the floodgates, and it sounds like Valve wants to get rid of Greenlight and be even MORE open. It is unclear with an open marketplace how they can have any standards, so it might end up like an Google Play type store.

That seems kind of crappy because it used to be gamers could count on Steam games being decent and not total scams, but between greenlight and early access, that doesn't seem like it is the case anymore. The problem is that if consumers lose their faith in the marketplace, that hurts game developers. If people were worried about buying Neverending Nightmares because it might be a trick or totally unfinished or broken, that would definitely hurt us. Hopefully regardless of the state of Steam, people won't think twice about buying our game.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games