Gabriel's Video reaction and the laught about Gabriele

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
GabrielPP

Gabriel's Video reaction and the laught about Gabriele

Post by GabrielPP »

So here is my video reaction :D (and I will break a lot of images that people had of me xD )
First at all,I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHY, but the audio is out of sync in a lot of parts, edited there times, on the third it was perfect on the premier, but when finale finished the rendering, the audio was off sync again and in the end there was some lags with the video of the gameplay and the audio is terribly out of sync :cry: :cry:

And I would like to apologize for my vocabulary, I was so focused on the game, because of that I didn't pay much attention to what I was sating and my vocabulary was horrible :oops: (I got angry of the two words "and everything" together, after watching my video, because I always used it in descriptions :oops: :oops: :oops: ), and yes in the 4 skills of a language my speaking is the weakest D:

Well here is the video: (the youtube invalidated because it was to long x_x )
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=E608CB4E ... %21438&v=3

SO I loved the alpha, it was gorgeous, the new mechanics, the monsters, the jump scares and obviously the "Gabriele thing" :lol: :lol:
And Matt, don't worry, me laughing it was a GOOD thing, because I was nervous and terrified for the game, because of that it is instantaneous I start laughing without control
The only thing that I missed where traps, because the monster, when I see him, it is obvious that I need to run, but a trap you don't expect that to happens.

When I played I talked some ideas on the game, but here are other's ideas that I had after the gameplay:
a jump scare of crowns or some bird flying away and making noise at the forest in the beginning
in the kitchen (5:25) that knife ( I don't know the name for that thing) that is on the wall, me and the other video reaction that watched here on the forum, we tried to take that to use (because there is colored blood, and colored things are okay to use); I think that is one good trap, with the player go there and tap the intention button, trying to get the knife, the character tries to reach, but he fell because of the blood or something like that and then he died and star over in some location.
at 26:50, there is this nurse doll, and she only appears one or two time ( I think...), and then I thought that maybe she can be a good trap, for example, the player enter in the room, after that the dolls eyes became red and then she start pursuing you for the corridor, when you enter in another room she will be waiting for you out there, but if you enter on one wardrobe she pass through the wardrobe and then she looked around, because she didn't see you so she lower her head in sadness and come back to her room slowly, I thought about that because ALL THE DOLLS ARE CREEPY, REALLY CREEPY, but they don't do nothing so it is just a decoration, BUT, if there is a monster / trap doll I would be scared of everyone of then thinking "will she come after me?"
The baby monster, in the scenes that you need to follow him, some times I was scared of getting to closer of him, but nothing happened, so, maybe a hitbox behind him, that if you come to closer he can smell and and then she turn around and grab or something like that?

Well... that's it, I hope that I could help even with this lagged video and with my randoms ideas :?
matt

Re: Gabriel's Video reaction and the laught about Gabriele

Post by matt »

Thank you so much for putting that together! No worries about the audio. I mostly just like to see people play and their reactions. Your language was just fine! No need to apologize. Your english is certainly better than my Portuguese.

All of your ideas are really good. It really comes down to development time. I'm not sure we'll have time to do all those. We will certainly try!

Anyway, thanks again for recording the video! It was helpful.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

@matt
Yes, I dunno about that specific doll, but putting in monsters that basically SEEM to be part of the decoration would be awesome. Especially with something as ubiquitous as those dolls. Because you'll never know which are safe/decoration and which aren't. It makes even rooms that have nothing but decoration in them much more threatening.
Another idea for that is to put such "hidden enemies" on a timer so that, walking past them, nothing happens at first, but if you stay too long in the room, they'll get active.
Or, perhaps even worse, put some on a randomized timer, where they may "get up" very early after entering the room, some time later or - if you're quick - not at all before exiting the room.
Such things could really mess with a player, I think, because it makes it much harder to know when to expect danger when there are hidden enemies and enemies that don't immediately run at you but remain still and undetected for a while.
That's actually my main gripe with the one monster we've seen so far: The Baby is threatening and monstrous, but it's perhaps too in your face. In itself, that is fine, but I hope other possible enemies won't be that obvious. :-)

@GabrielPP
Great job with the picture-within-picture. I'll have to figure out how to do that with my software sometime.
GabrielPP

Post by GabrielPP »

Thanks, happy that you liked, I will another videos on the others alphas and betas :D

@gagaplex
yeah an enemy like that would be awesome.
i said about the doll because this nurse doll don't have eyes, so it could turn red when it starts moving and the fact that there are some many dolls

(that horse toy could do something to xD
matt

Post by matt »

Gagaplex - those are good ideas. I'll definitely keep it in mind when designing other enemies, but I already have a few planned and at least one will be more surprising.
-Matt Gilgenbach
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Yeah nice work on the video, good idea to edit the 10 minute videos together! If you wanted to lower the file size of videos in the future, you could also record the game at 360p or something smaller like that. That's a pretty common Youtube resolution, although it wouldn't look as good obviously, it would be a lot smaller and should be able to be uploaded to Youtube that way.

Your English is great. I'm trying to learn a second language on my own, and it's tough, but I really feel bad for people who have to learn English as another language. It's a messy, weird language, and there aren't any real pronunciation rules because it's all cobbled together from so many other languages.
matt

Post by matt »

I am terrible at learning languages, so I have a lot of respect for anyone who can learn a second language - especially English. As RIghtClickSaveAs said, English is brutal to learn.
-Matt Gilgenbach
GabrielPP

Post by GabrielPP »

English it is pretty easy actually xD
the problem it is just the lack of practice

Portuguese is REALLY complicated, the grammar it is too difficult even for who lives here and it is very common to see the people with lack of student write and talk pretty wrong

my problem with english is the pronunciation because I don't practice to much, my portuguese it is actually pretty good, I'm learning french now and on a near future (after I finish studding the verbs in french, because I was messing the two languages ) I will return to study spanish on my own
matt

Post by matt »

Wow, that's awesome! I salute you. Learning multiple languages is a great skill. I know a ton of computer languages. Does that count? :-)
-Matt Gilgenbach
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

learning french is not an easy thing (mostly because of the irregularity in grammar), you are courageous. If you need help, you can count on me