please save the different versions of nn.

Post your suggestions for the development team here.
Stefan8000

please save the different versions of nn.

Post by Stefan8000 »

hi,

i suggest, that you save every build of the game and make it available for your backers (or interests) later. i am very interested in the ongoing development process and would like to have all builds in the future. but with steam, there is no possibility for this. what do you thing of this? or maybe a few builds to download later.

greetings,
stefan
matt

Re: please save the different versions of nn.

Post by matt »

Hi Stefan,

I'll see what I can do. It's hard to find time to do good snapshots (especially across 4 platforms), but maybe I'll spend a bit extra time when we publish a build and keep the file around. What platform are you on, so I make an extra effort to save those binaries? :)

Thanks!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
ranger_lennier

Post by ranger_lennier »

This is a good idea. While it would probably be excessive to release every build the team does internally, saving the versions that are actually released for backers would hopefully not be too hard. I'm not sure about the actual method of distribution, though. Does Humble Bundle allow for this? (I really have no idea about Ouya; I'm on Windows myself.)
matt

Post by matt »

Humble bundle will probably let me host whatever I want. Ouya does not allow this, but I could host the APKs on the humble store as well.

The problem is doing a build is a lot of work since we have 4 platforms. We can't just save the same binaries for Win, Mac, and Linux as is because the Steam version can't easily be run from the Steam stuff. Doing builds without the Steam stuff doubles the amount of work to do builds. I'll see what we can do. Maybe there is a way to get the steam versions running without the Steam stuff or something.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Stefan8000

Post by Stefan8000 »

thanks for the answer and sorry, that i didnt answered earlier.

i use a windows pc.

i can understand, that it is not so easy and i never wanted every build, only the official alpha/beta versions for backers. but if you keep the unplayable binaries for every official build, maybe, you can make them run-able, after the game is out, as extra for the backers. i am so proud to be part of this and i think, it is sad, that all the builds and things, we discuss, vanish and no one can see them anymore. on the otherside, if it is all to difficult, please keep the builds in a safe place. i think, it will be nice for you, if you have them and can read, what happened in the forum at the same time.

regards,
stefan from germany
matt

Post by matt »

Okay, I'll see what I can do. I recently found a build from June 25th that is really rough. Perhaps I'll include that as well. hahah
-Matt Gilgenbach