Other language forums

Post your suggestions for the development team here.
mario

Other language forums

Post by mario »

Even though sticking to English as the forum language is appropriate since many international backers speak it, it'd be nice if you set up new subforums in other languages!
Neverending Nightmares has fans all over the world, so they'd have the opportunity to post here in their native languages, e.g. German, Spanish, etc.
However, it might be difficult choosing which languages would have an own subforum and posts written in languages other than English might be difficult for you to moderate (even if you turn to tools like Google Translate) if you don't speak that language. All in all, it'd be fun if you set up these subforums.
miumiaou

Re: Other language forums

Post by miumiaou »

if there's one moderator who can speak the language per sub forum it'd not be a problem anymore
matt

Post by matt »

I'm fine with setting up subforums in other languages. I would suspect they'd get a lot less posts than English though. The advantage of posting in English is that I read every single post, so no matter what you talk about out, the development team listens. :)

I suspect moderation wouldn't be too much of an issue since they are low traffic, so I guess I'll set some up when I get a chance and see what happens.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

Is it a bad idea to ask people what languages does they speak?
mario

Post by mario »

Maybe a poll would be very useful to see if enough forum members are interested in such subforums so they'd be worth it. I suppose that when the game finally launches they'd be more people posting in this forum so it may be better to conduct a poll later on.
I find a bit disadvantageous for members of these possible subforums that the Infinitap Games crew won't be able to follow discussions in other languages, but maybe some subforums members could eventually post in the English forum to make sure you read it.
matt

Post by matt »

It is easy to create forums, so I created them for Spanish, French, and German. If anyone wants more, I will gladly create them.

It should be interesting to see how much traffic they get.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games