Buried alive

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
siovannie

Buried alive

Post by siovannie »

I still remember this nightmare as if it happened yesterday. I had this nightmare a long time ago, when I was around the age of 8. It was very traumatizing to me, as I had this nightmare in a time where I was bullied a lot and I was scared of people leaving me. On to the nightmare.
I'm walking with my parents, holding my father's hand. My mother is walking on the other side of my father, and I'm just talking a mile away. Then my father let go of my hand, and my parents started walking faster. I was scared of being left behind, so I started running to catch up with them. Then the floor just dissappeared beneath my feet, and I fell in a big hole. I remember sitting on the floor, shocked at what happened and then bursting into tears. My parents are standing at the edge, shocked at what happened. I beg them to help me, but they can't. So they say they'll go and get help, then they dissappear. Then suddenly people appear in my point of view, and they begin shoveling sand into the hole. I desperately try to climb my way out, but I'm too small and weak. I cry for help, I beg my parents to come back and save me, but they don't come. I'm stuck in the hole, and I just know I'm going to die. I know my parents won't be back in time, if they're even coming back. Who knows, maybe they just said they were going to get help, but they actually just left and were glad they were rid of me. Those were my last thoughts as the sand completely covered my body and I felt myself suffocate.
That's when I woke up. I can still feel the fear I felt when I think back on it. I've actually had a fear of being buried alive ever since.
matt

Re: Buried alive

Post by matt »

Wow. That's terrible!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Xar

Post by Xar »

In this line of fear, imagine for a moment that you signed yourself as a donor after death. Imagine, for an instant, that you're a case of clinic death, but not really dead. Imagine awakening in the middle of an operation room seeing a doctor removing your organs and couldn't do anything about it.

That thought is also REALLY scary.
matt

Post by matt »

That's why I'm not an organ donor. hahah It's sad because I know people could really use them after death, but I just can't deal with the fact that my organs are so desirable when I'm dead/dying...
-Matt Gilgenbach
Xar

Post by Xar »

It's really a disturbing thought. XD
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

matt wrote:That's why I'm not an organ donor. hahah It's sad because I know people could really use them after death, but I just can't deal with the fact that my organs are so desirable when I'm dead/dying...
I'm an organ donor, but I WILL NOT donate blood. Donating organs involves me being dead, so I'm sure I won't care too much, but donating blood involves needles and arms, and I'm sure you're familiar enough with my phobia by now.
matt

Post by matt »

Yeah, donating blood is rough. I've had issues where they keep poking me and they can't find the vein... I hate the feeling of having the needle in my arm....
-Matt Gilgenbach
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

matt wrote:Yeah, donating blood is rough. I've had issues where they keep poking me and they can't find the vein... I hate the feeling of having the needle in my arm....
DAAAAH GOD you're making me clench my arms shut just talking about it!
siovannie

Post by siovannie »

I also hate needles in my arm. My veins are really small, so they always struggle to put the needle in. They rarely succeed on their first try. Then there's the fact I can't stand seeing my blood, but I always look at my blood going through the needle in some sort of curiosity. I feel nausuous looking at it, but I always do. I'd love to help people by donating blood, but I won't because of these reasons. Also, I hate needles...
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I have some luck with this because my father was (because now he can't work anymore) working in a laboratory and so I don't have this fear of needles that a lot of people have (yes I don't like the feeling that I have when the needle enter in my arm but it's another story)