Steam page critiques

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
matt

Steam page critiques

Post by matt »

As I mentioned before, we have a Steam page. We are working on improving it with better header art, awards, and whatnot, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the text or graphics or whatever.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks everyone!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
JPrice

Re: Steam page critiques

Post by JPrice »

Well in terms of the header art, its kinda weird considering like 3/4's of it is covered by the main window hahaa. I wouldn't be sure what to suggest being put back there. I think the one that's there now is pretty good but I suppose you could experiment with different ones.

The screenshots are pretty good at representing the game as well, although I do question having the one there. I thought that the Baby Monster squeezing Thomas was something that you would want to keep seen to a bare minimum,considering you wanted it to be similar to the deaths in The Last of Us. I'm not being negative about its inclusion, I'm just curious is all hahaa :)

In regards to the description and bullet points, I think that the description is pretty spot on so you don't really have to change that. Same with the bullet points, although I would add an emphasis on the fact that the game draws on real life experiences. Perhaps have something like this:
"Spine tingling horror heavily inspired by real life struggles with mental illnesses such as OCD and Depression"
Obviously you don't have to take that word for word but I feel like emphasising that makes the game stand out as being unique in the horror genre. I mean heck it's one of the big reasons I backed the game in the first place so hahaa :P

I'm not sure of any other awards at the moment so I can't really add to the ones you already have there.
Something that would be good though to add closer to release are press quotes. You could add some now if you wanted (From like previews and such) but you'd probably have more to work with and have a more genuine opinion if you left it until review copies are out. In the end though it's up to you! :)
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
matt

Re: Steam page critiques

Post by matt »

You mean the background thing? Steam automatically picks a screenshot if you don't provide one. I had no idea what should go there, so I just let it do its thing...

I can't remember what I said about the death animations. hahaha I guess I probably did want it to be a surprise, but I think it may be more important to promote the game, so hopefully that sells it. Maybe I'll swap out the screenshot at some point though. Changing that is easy, and I have more to work from these days although I find that I have an inclination to show NOTHING from the game for fear of spoilers. hahah

That is a good suggestion about the text I'll see what I can do. I was going to wait until reviews to do the press quotes, but I should probably have SOMETHING there before we launch, so maybe I'll plug my favorite quotes in there as a placeholder.

Thank you for your feedback. Does anyone else have any ideas?
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games