18 - The Protagonist

Developer diaries about creating Devastated Dreams.
matt

18 - The Protagonist

Post by matt »

In this developer diary, I talk about the strength and vulnerability of our protagonist and the thought process that went into determining how active Angel can be when pregnant.

-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
evilkinggumby

Re: 18 - The Protagonist

Post by evilkinggumby »

Not entirely on topic but in regards to the protag, I was looking at alternate name possibilities and there's a LOT of kool Filipino names out there you could use, many with meanings that could play into the story or her character. Depending on the name for the baby inside, you could also have a hidden bit of lore (or nod to a folktale) as well.

Mostly I was curious if there was any that would work well if you chose to go with something alliterative, like what I originally suggested WAAAAY back when you were considering the game's title. I know you are going with "Devastated Dreams" so I was looking at "D" names so if you ever wanted to say, make the games more marketable as a collective series, it would work well.

here is a list of baby names just because it counts for naming an adult character too ;)

http://www.top-100-baby-names-search.co ... names.html

Personally I like "Dalisay" which means "pure" hehehe but I also don't know the backstory to her so that MAY be inappropriate for her.

Still, food for thought when it comes down to choosing and story development.

[I am Evilkinggumby on DeviantArt and Steam if you want to looks me up!]
matt

Re: 18 - The Protagonist

Post by matt »

Thanks for that! I usually just pick a name for a character without giving it much thought, so I can get my ideas on paper, and then later, I go back and try to think of a name that is a really good fit. If no one pledges $5k, I will probably go back to the drawing board. Dalisay is a really good suggestion, although I'm not sure if pure is how I would describe her. I don't think I'd describe her as an Angel either, so that was probably a poor choice, but I just picked a popular Filipino name from some website. haha
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games