05 - Who Should Use Kickstarter?

Developer diaries about creating Devastated Dreams.
matt

05 - Who Should Use Kickstarter?

Post by matt »

Some people argue that crowdfunding/kickstarter is only for "indies" and companies who can afford to finance their projects through other means, should. In this video, I share my opinion that kickstarter is for everyone!

-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
evilkinggumby

Re: 05 - Who Should Use Kickstarter?

Post by evilkinggumby »

ity is silly to see people want to stop some folk from using kickstarter and thinking only certain peope can. i guess it is like most fandom, once folk get possessive they won't let just ANYONE touch their beloved thing.

kickstarter is for so much more than GAMEZ though so folk need to chill. yes it is used a LOT for gaming funding but there's all kinds of other uses out there. trying to force it to a narrow " only folk i deem worthy for very specific situations" would actually just choke the site and eventually cause it to fail. As well why are we closing voices and doors? youy can just as easily ignore a campaign on KS that you don't agree with or like, why rage about it as if it needs to go away?

i guess in this case i agree with you a lot in what you are saying and it is something i hope folk just learn to accept and vote with their money rather than fight to change the site and its policies somehow.
[I am Evilkinggumby on DeviantArt and Steam if you want to looks me up!]
matt

Post by matt »

This developer diary ended up being prophetic because my hypothetical example of Yu Suzuki doing a new Shenmue happened. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

I completely forgot you called that! Haha did you grab any of the super exclusive reward tiers?
matt

Post by matt »

Unfortunately no. I don't have $10k to spend at the moment. :) I actually was a bit disappointed with their reward structure. I was looking to pledge around $100 but there was nothing super exciting at that level. I kinda want the PS4 version, but if I get the $60+, I have to choose between a physical version for PC and PS4, so I am stuck at the $29 level at the moment. I might up my pledge at the end if the launch of Devastated Dreams' campaign goes well, and I can expect to have a salary for the next year. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach