Devastated Dreams has been announced!

Let's chat about what you want from our next game. :)
Harry Sunderland

Re: Devastated Dreams has been announced!

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Congratulations on the two new babies (one literal and one metaphorical)!

I'm very excited to follow DD. Sounds like you have a much more complicated game planned this time.

I'd love to play a preview build. I bet you can trust us all. It's not like any of us would profit by leaking this demo. Hell, it might even build up hype for the campaign (I still promise I won't).

Can't wait to help brainstorm the KS campaign too!
matt

Post by matt »

I probably should have included a smiley face. Of course I trust you guys! I was planning on the backer forum because otherwise, it'd be indexed by google, so I imagine it'd be pretty easy for it to "leak". :) I will probably ask for FRAPS recordings of your playthrough while you talk through what you are thinking just so I can see if there are any rough points.

We are creating more game mechanics, and it is challenging to introduce them without text and help messages, so I am worried that people won't figure out the neat things in the game. I want it to be super polished for our actual kickstarter. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
evilkinggumby

Post by evilkinggumby »

matt wrote: :) I will probably ask for FRAPS recordings of your playthrough while you talk through what you are thinking just so I can see if there are any rough points.
that would actually be a great idea, so you get a more play by play visceral reaction and know exactly what we're referring to at each moment. I'd be keen to give that a try, though i don't have a licensed version of fraps (isn't there a limit on capture time for the freebie copy?) I do have corel screencap x6 that came with a video editing software package I bought so I will likely try that and see if it works well or not. it looks like i could play the game and record voice but not game audio, so I may record my voice on a spare laptop and edit it back in over the game audio before uploading it .
[I am Evilkinggumby on DeviantArt and Steam if you want to looks me up!]
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Fraps is great, I don't use it much but don't regret buying it. It works with minimal hassle for everything I've used it on so far, and you can easily record both audio sources.

OBS is a free option, but seems a lot more finicky to set up, being open source.
matt

Post by matt »

I'm not sure. I also bought fraps and don't regret it, but there are some other options. I've heard good things about Nvidia's Shadowplay, but you need a new-ish video card to support it. I haven't used anything else, but I imagine there are other options.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Wow Matt! It's been a few hours and you've already surpassed day 1 of Neverending Nightmares by both # of Backers and # of Dollars!

As of right now, you have 171 backers and over $9200! I made sure to donate myself. I even saved an early bird alpha tier for someone else and bought a regular alpha tier!

Kicktraq says day 1 of NN had about 150 backers and around $7600 in funding!

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/infini ... ledges.png

This is awesome. I can't wait to start promoting!
matt

Post by matt »

Thanks! We are off to a strong start! Let's hope the backers keep rolling in as people finish work for the day. :) I'm hoping we can get some stretch goals in this time (I have some cool stuff planned), so hopefully if we promote, promote, promote, we will exceed the goals. Don't worry - I baked some time in the schedule for stretching!
-Matt Gilgenbach