[App BT] Miu's review on the beta version for mobile

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
miumiaou

[App BT] Miu's review on the beta version for mobile

Post by miumiaou »

it's not really a bug but in the French version of the tutorial, the finger is hiding the text in the first screen, it's problematic
miumiaou

Re: [App BT] Miu's review on the beta version for mobile

Post by miumiaou »

and Thomas new running performance aren't enough to let me escape the baby monster that break the wall

Edit: I would find it more logic if low angle right made me run to the right instead of making me running in the direction I face, same for the other angle
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

ok my last bug occured when I put my phone to charge while playing the Destroy dreams level, the screen went black, not completely black, the same black as the image you use in Final descent when the candle goes off
matt

Post by matt »

Hello! Thank you for playing the game. I had a question about Thomas's running speed with the baby monster. We didn't change the speed to my knowledge. I was able to get past that section a week ago by starting to run after I heard the smash and then if I was close to running out of stamina, I would just walk the rest of the way.

Did that not work for you? If you were able to get to Destroyed Dreams, does that mean you were able to get past that section?

Can you describe what you mean by "low angle right"?

Thanks for your bugs! Were you able to get to all the endings and these were the only issues that you found or were there any progression blocking issues?
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

Well actually I figured if you don't tap both the corners and the direction you wanna go to, Thomas stop running after a few steps.

yes for low angle I meant the corners (sorry about the confusion, I forgot the word "corner"), so I was talking about the right corner.

yes, I was able to have all the endings and I may have found one more issue: when you running without holding the direction, Thomas goes in diagonal.
matt

Post by matt »

Hmmm... I suspect the issue is that the touch events are registering outside the corner circles. The way it is supposed to work is if you tap a location, Thomas goes to that location. If you hold on a side of the screen, Thomas will keep walking in that direction. In order to run, you hold in one of the corners - either corner. It basically is a virtual button that acts as a shift key. So if you want to run, you have to use two fingers. Is that how you understood the controls? Do you think Thomas should run right if you hold down the right run area?

To further complicate the matter, if you aren't moving anywhere, and you tap in the corner, you will move to that corner in case there is a circumstance where you have a small screen but you intend to move to that area.

The intention was that it can work like a point and click game and sort of like a virtual joystick, but perhaps it doesn't work as well as it could since it wasn't designed for mobile. We definitely could try tuning it but I'd like to understand how you expect it to work.

Thanks!
-Matt Gilgenbach
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

yes I understood I had two use two fingers but only after completing most of my first run of the game, it didn't went naturally to me. Yes I think Thomas should run into right if holding right corner, it's really the most natural thing that came to my mind while playing (and much to my horror it ended up in another death).
but when I was telling when I only use the run area it was moving into the corner, I meant the upper corner instead of the lower corner.

Well I think doing a better version of your system might be the solution. but you could also do like the game "White day: a labyrinth named school"
Edit: I meant doing like the control of the mobile version of that game
matt

Post by matt »

Thanks for your feedback! I appreciate your help!
-Matt Gilgenbach
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

no problem, if you need any more details, just ask ^^