Game won't load on Steam

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
heterodynegirl

Game won't load on Steam

Post by heterodynegirl »

Hello! I bought this game a while ago and have been looking forward to playing it, but everytime I try to launch it, it just won't start at all. A Steam pop-up window will show up for a second that says it's loading the game, but then nothing will happen. I've tried several times over the past couple of weeks, but nothing happens.

I'm running Windows 8.1, Intel i5-4210M processor @2.6GHz, 8 GB ram, and NVIDIA Geforce Experience 2.515 graphics driver.

*Extra note: I've tried checking the task manager to see if the "loading" game is actually running in the background, but it doesn't even show up in task manager. It's just not loading at all.*

Please help, I would so love to actually play this game!

Edit: Never mind, I found the solution on the Steam forums finally. It's not a graphics issue, it's a C++ update issue. In case anyone else is having the same issue, I resolved through this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784
matt

Re: Game won't load on Steam

Post by matt »

Hmm... That is actually our fault. We updated the project to VS 2013 with our 2.0 update, but we didn't update the installer to include that version of the C++ update. The installer is now updated, so hopefully people won't have a problem with that in the future!

I'm so sorry for the trouble, and I hope you enjoy the game.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games