Game Crashes Shortly After I Start Playing

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
matt

Re: Game Crashes Shortly After I Start Playing

Post by matt »

My best guess is there is a driver incompatibility with Radeon's latest driver. We have a build that *should* have crash reporting on Steam. It isn't tested very well, so I wouldn't recommend anyone else switch to it, but if you run the Steam client, right click on Neverending Nightmares, go to properties. Then click on the Betas tab.

Once there, you can enter the code:
pprfe7ke0s0f4vGvDjXc

Then Opt into the beta "testing". It'll update your game. Once you run it, it will most likely still crash, but we'll get a crash report that should indicate what the issue is.

I'm sorry this is such a pain! We'll do our best to get this sorted out.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
GeneratorHalf

Post by GeneratorHalf »

All right, I was finally able to get to the bottom of this. It seems my anti-virus was silently killing it right at that point. I finally happened to see the anti-virus logs that noted as such. I don't know what the game was doing right then that was upsetting it, but after I made an exception for the exe in my anti-virus, I've been able to get the game to run a couple of times now. Thank you both, Matt and evilkinggumby, very much for your help. Now I look forward to playing...
matt

Post by matt »

I'm so glad to hear it! That is pretty crazy that the Anti-virus was killing it. I can't think of anything we do remotely virus like. :-/

I hope you enjoy the game!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games