Out of date Graphics Driver

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
MurderousMaiden

Out of date Graphics Driver

Post by MurderousMaiden »

Hello Infinitap,
I am running on the Surface Pro 1 with HD Graphics 4000, windows 8 and all drivers are up to date.

I have run through the suggestions, watched you tube videos and even uninstalled/reinstalled Neverending nightmares through the steam community. It prompts me to update my Graphics driver and directs me to intel.com or allows me to continue and there, upon start up, Neverending Nightmares crashes.

I Have been looking into this all over the internet, on the steam forums, and Google has lead me here. I am aware that this is an issue that not only I am experiencing. If anyone has the time, I would really appreciate feedback, and answers, Here is what I'd like to know.

1. Why is this happening? What is making my game crash, and why am I being prompted to update my driver that is currently up to date?

2. Can this be fixed now?

3. If not now, approximately how long will it take?

4. If this can be fixed now, is there someone, anyone available to assist me through fixing it?

I have no qualms waiting to play, but I'm slightly frustrated from being in the dark and not understanding.
matt

Re: Out of date Graphics Driver

Post by matt »

I'm sorry you are having trouble.

The game definitely works on HD Graphics 4000, so I am sorry to hear you are having problems. Does Neverending Nightmares display a dialog box that says "Neverending Nightmares has crashed. We are very sorry." or is there something else?

We do online crash reporting, and I haven't seen a crash that sounds like it came from your computer, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it might not be working for you.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
MurderousMaiden

A window pops open with a bar and says that the game has stopped working, and to wait while windows searches for a solution.
matt

Post by matt »

Hmmm... That's really strange. Are you playing the GoG version? GoG kind of sprung on us at the last minute that there was no online access allowed without explicit permission from the user, and we didn't have time to write and integrate a bunch of prompts, so the GoG version doesn't do online crash reporting... :-(

There *might* be a way to turn the GoG version into the Humble version and get the crash reporting back. If you are using the GoG version, I'll look into it.
-Matt Gilgenbach
MurderousMaiden

how do I determine that what version the game is on?
matt

Post by matt »

Where did you purchase it?
-Matt Gilgenbach
MurderousMaiden

Steam
matt

Post by matt »

That's really weird then. It should be reporting an error. Let me talk to the other developer and see if he knows what the issue might be.
-Matt Gilgenbach
MurderousMaiden

ok I'll be waiting and refreshing, Thank you.
MurderousMaiden

Hey! I did get and error that says we are sorry, Neverending Nightmares has crashed. It was hidden behind the crashed program and I had to Hover over the taskbar tab to see the error.