Out of date Graphics Driver

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
matt

Re: Out of date Graphics Driver

Post by matt »

So we can figure out which crash report corresponds to your machine, can you tell us how many gigs of RAM you have and if you are running the 64 bit version of Windows 8?

Thanks!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
MurderousMaiden

Post by MurderousMaiden »

I am running on a Surface Pro 1

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

with 4096MB of RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.75GHz

and

Intel HD Graphics 4000
matt

Post by matt »

I *think* I may have found a crash that corresponds to your computer. It looks like the issue may be that the Steam install is corrupt. Can you try reinstalling the game and see if that fixes it? If it crashes, can you tell me the time as well as your time zone, so I have a better idea of where to look for your crash?

Thanks, and I'm sorry for the trouble!
-Matt Gilgenbach
MurderousMaiden

Post by MurderousMaiden »

I live in California, and I'm conducting the reinstall at 10:36 am.

reinstalled, clicked play, steam prompts me with a Graphic driver still being out of date, but the game is running now and it is working.

You are a very kind and patient person. I would like to Congratulate you on the games launch and I would very much like to be involved in the games you make in the future.

I don't have much to show you now but if you enjoy art, please check out my gallery and I hope to see more games like Neverending nightmares evolving in the future.

I am a Conceptual Illustrator and if you ever want some free art work or fan art, I would love to do a piece for you. My more graphically gore pieces are not on this gallery as they are rather personal and I use this art style to express me. The game has made an impact on me before I even played it and my artwork will explain to you why your game has left me quite emboldened. Being an avid Lovecraft collector and well rounded horror enthusiast for games like Silent hill and fatal frame, I would like to hear what you personal think of my work. My poetry tends to lean more toward Tim Burton influences, but my artwork, I hope, will speak for itself.

The style of Never ending nightmares is very similar to the style I've been using since high school. I choose to do free commissions as I feel that money gets in the way of truly expressing myself. Keeping my work free of charge keeps it raw, and fresh. Please consider taking a look at this small gallery and If you like what you see I'll produce a piece for you and actively help to advertise your games. I would just like to be involved.

My email is Valkriezharpsicord@gmail.com

This is my Deviant Art account where you can view a few of my pieces

My steam account : Fijoli/Murderous Maiden

You and your team have created a very deep and personal game, at least, in my opinions you have. I feel drawn in to share these expressions with you and your team to help or enhance these expression with my talents.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me get my game working and I hope you, in the very least, enjoy my artwork. If you'd excuse me, I'm very excited to play my new game. Hope to hear from you soon Matt, please stay epic.

Sincerely Murderous,
Fijoli
matt

Post by matt »

I suspect there is a bug in our graphics driver detection. :( That might be difficult to fix, but I suppose it's better to warn people than to have them puzzled when the game crashes (although in this case it was crashing because of corrupt data).

Your artwork is awesome (and quite similar to Neverending Nightmares). I'd love to see fan art if you are interested! :)

Thanks, and I am really happy you were able to get the game running. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach