Black Outline-issue

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
endzeitgeist

Black Outline-issue

Post by endzeitgeist »

I also seem to suffer from the black character silhouette glitch. Updating my graphics drivers yielded no result since the current drivers are pretty old.

I have an Acer TravelMate 8571 Notebook with an Intel Mobile 4 Express chipset.

I'd really appreciate help! The game looks AWESOME, even with the glitch!
matt

Re: Black Outline-issue

Post by matt »

This is a tough one! We are actually going to purchase a laptop with that chipset in order to figure out what the problem might be. Unfortunately, I'm having a tough time finding a laptop that has it on ebay in order to test it out. Even if we do get the hardware, I'm not sure there will be a fix. Intel stop supporting the drivers ages ago, so it's possible there is some bug or incompatibility with the drivers that will never be fixed. We might be able to work around it if I am ever able to find a laptop with the chipset on ebay.

Do you have another computer you can play on, or is this it?
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
endzeitgeist

Post by endzeitgeist »

Hej Matt,

first of all - thank you for the reply. Right now, I unfortunately don't have another PC to play NN on; That being said, I'd understand it if you can't manage to get it running with the chipset. If you, by some quirk of fate manage to eliminate the glitch, that would be awesome.

On another note, since I have your attention - I *love* your mission, what you've done with NN. Even with the graphical bugs, I do think we need games that help alleviate the stigma still attached to mental illness. Thank you for enriching lives with your art.
matt

Post by matt »

I've purchased an old laptop on ebay that *should* have the same chipset that you do, so I'll see if I can sort it out. No promises, but at least I'll be able to try some things and see if I can't find something that solves the issue.

I'm really glad to hear that you appreciate our mission with Neverending Nightmares! I hope that it can make a difference in people's lives like I hope it will.
-Matt Gilgenbach
matt

Post by matt »

Okay, I got the laptop, and we figured out the issue. Sorry for the delay! If you download the latest update from Steam, you should have no problem running the game. Let me know if it is still a problem!

Thanks for your patience!
-Matt Gilgenbach