Game Crash

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
verbalfallacy

Game Crash

Post by verbalfallacy »

Just finished playing through the Final Descent nightmare (because for some reason Steam hasn't given me the achievement even thought I've finished that nightmare :() and the game crashed during the credits and I still haven't gotten the Final Descent achievement. XD Not sure what is going on or if this issue has been raised before... but I really just wanted the achievement but it seems that Steam is not keen on giving me it... (I realise this is not a issue with guys but just wanted to express my sadness at not having 100% on the game achievements XD)

This is probably the third time the game has ever crashed on me? They are few and far between, so I'm not sure what causes it. (This bug includes the random reset of my nightmares that happened the first time it crashed.)

Also, just something really, really nitpicky. The subtitles in the ending for the Final Descent are slightly out of sync with the audio. It's no big deal really, just that the subtitles are appearing before the audio -- I think it looks nicer when the subtitles pop up as the audio lines begin, not a second before it (veryyy nitpicky, so ultimately doesn't matter really XD).
matt

Re: Game Crash

Post by matt »

I'm really sorry to hear the game crashed on you! We have a few crashes that we are working on, but most are related to out of date video card drivers. Do you know what graphics card you have? Do you have the most up to date drivers? Do you have the most up to date version of the game? (You'd be amazed how many crash reports we get from old versions...)

We'll look at the subtitle timing if we get a chance. I feel a bit overwhelmed with bugs, so I can't promise we'll get a chance, but we'll try. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games