[1.0] Main Character - Black Outline

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
DannyDaddel

[1.0] Main Character - Black Outline

Post by DannyDaddel »

I was very exited to play the game... But i always see a Black Outline instead of the Main Character...
(See picture below) :cry:

Please help! :oops:
RightClickSaveAs

Re: [1.0] Main Character - Black Outline

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

What video card do you have? Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

It looks like someone else on the Steam discussion boards was having the same issue, so there's a very good chance it's something that's being looked into. Matt will be around to help you out more in depth I'm sure, but in the meantime it wouldn't hurt to try updating your drivers.
DannyDaddel

Post by DannyDaddel »

RightClickSaveAs wrote: but in the meantime it wouldn't hurt to try updating your drivers.
I've tried that already - No Result... But Thanks!
I hope, Matt can help! ;)
MaeBlues

Post by MaeBlues »

I have this problem too, I bought the game from Steam earlier this evening and can't seem to fix the problem. I've tried re-installing the game and verifying the files time and time again but I still have this problem. There are also no shadows.

I'm very sad as I was looking forward to playing the game. Please let me know if there is any fix available.
matt

Post by matt »

I'm so sorry you are having trouble!

It is definitely something I will try to fix. What video cards do you have? I have a bunch of old cards, so hopefully I can try to find something similar...
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
DannyDaddel

Post by DannyDaddel »

matt wrote: What video cards do you have?
My Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650
matt

Post by matt »

Also of note is that the shadow layer is not showing up at all, which kind of ruins the entire game.

Someone had good luck fixing this with a similar card by updating their graphics driver. Here's what you need for Windows 7-64 bit. Here's what you need for Windows 8-64 bit.

Inexplicably, they are different driver versions and different versions of the Catalyst Control Center for the different OSes. These drivers work for me on an even older ATI card (3870), so perhaps this will work for you? Let me know the results!

Also, if you are running a different OS, I can try to find the appropriate driver for that.
-Matt Gilgenbach
DannyDaddel

Post by DannyDaddel »

unfortunately, I use the 32 bit-Version of Win7.
matt

Post by matt »

Have you tried this driver? It is the same version as the Win 7 64 bit version that fixed it for someone else.

Thanks, and I'm sorry for the trouble.
-Matt Gilgenbach
DannyDaddel

Post by DannyDaddel »

YEEAHH!! It worked!
Now i can enjoy your awesome Game!
Thanks for your Help Matt!