[1.0] Main Character - Black Outline

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
matt

Re: [1.0] Main Character - Black Outline

Post by matt »

My pleasure! I am so glad the game is working.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
ibs2009

Post by ibs2009 »

I also have the same problem. I'm running the game on Windows XP 32-bit and with a Radeon X1600 graphics card. The demo didn't have this issue, instead it had a black diagonal line that separted the screen in 2. And I should mention that I have the latest drivers installed.
matt

Post by matt »

That is a pretty old card, but I'll see what we can do to fix it.

I’ve added a development build to the prerelease branch. In order to access it:
1) I need you to right click on Neverending Nightmares in your Steam list and go to Properties.
2) Then in this window, go to Betas. Enter the following Beta access key:
NeverendingTesting
3) The code should be accepted, and it should allow you to access the beta “prerelease”.
4) Go to the drop down and select prerelease. Hit close.
5) You should be forced to download an update for the game. Once you download the update, it should say: Neverending Nightmares [prerelease]

Now, when you run the game, it should open up in a window (instead of fullscreen) along with another window that has a bunch of log stuff.

It may pop up a dialog box from time to time that says something about an assertion. Can you hit the report button whenever that happens? If the same text keeps popping up, then hit the Abort button.

Don’t run it fullscreen because you’ll run into an issue if it pops up a dialog box.

If you don’t have to abort it, just play for a bit where the character is black and then quit.

Then can you send me all your files in the directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Neverending Nightmares\logs

Please email them to help@infinitapgames.com

Hopefully we can get this sorted out. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
ibs2009

Post by ibs2009 »

Eh, then nevermind. If the solution isn't easy, I'll probably buy a new PC this month or next month.

Oh, and I have the game through gog. I don't even have Steam.
matt

Post by matt »

Well, I've ordered the same graphics card, so I'll see if I can't get it working, but it is a pretty old graphics card that is a challenge to support. Buying a new computer wouldn't be the worst idea. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
ibs2009

Post by ibs2009 »

Wow, thanks. You really didn't have to bother for something that would have been solved in a month or two.
matt

Post by matt »

Well, I ordered it before I knew you were buying a new computer. :-P I've been trying to find hardware that I can reproduce this issue on where it can't be fixed by updating the drivers, so I figure it was an okay investment. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
-Matt Gilgenbach