Any specific last minute bug testing you need done?

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
RightClickSaveAs

Any specific last minute bug testing you need done?

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

I haven't found many issues with the RC1 build, but I also haven't ended up doing the full testing runs I'd planned, the release date just came up so quick! Instead I was wondering if there were any specific levels or areas you want combed over before the official launch. I love doing that kind of stuff, but my 1 hour+ tests are kinda daunting now that all 9 levels are in.
matt

Re: Any specific last minute bug testing you need done?

Post by matt »

hmmmm.. That is a good question. I am hoping to do some more testing myself as well before the final build. Perhaps the newer levels need the most attention? The other thing that maybe hasn't been tested super well is the save system. I worry that there is some way to mess up the save... Perhaps quitting and resuming at certain points might be problematic?

Thank you so much for all the help testing the game!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Cool, I've tried to break the save system a few times but have had no luck, I'll step up my efforts and give the newest levels some attention!
matt

Post by matt »

Well, hopefully it doesn't break. Designing a good save system is hard, so we were very careful about what it saves and when. Basically, it only saves things at the beginning of a room because it simplifies things and prevents the save from being in a bad place.
-Matt Gilgenbach
RightClickSaveAs

From my end it looks like you don't have anything to worry about! The save system seems really robust, nothing I tried was able to cause any problems. Saving/reloading while being attacked, saving while leaving a room, saving while waking up, saving a bunch of times quickly while waking up; the game didn't even blink, it put me right back at the beginning point of the room every time. I tried out the save system in every room in Wayward Dreamer, I'll check the other ones out if I'm able to.
matt

Post by matt »

Awesome! Thank you so much! I actually found a few issues with the texture streaming (basically that's how we have 0 load times), but I'm going to release with them since Dan wrote all that code, and he's out of town. (We didn't know this would be our release date when he scheduled his trip...)

Hopefully I'll get a new build out tomorrow with some bug fixes and additional polish (Eduardo has been adding a lot of sounds the past few days)

I'm glad to hear you haven't found any major issues! It seems like we are going to launch a pretty solid game - although there is a random crash in the Intel OpenGL driver every once in a while that someone is getting. :-/ I don't know how much we can do about that.
-Matt Gilgenbach