0.7 - One fo the "Insanity" rooms are pitch black

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
AironNeil

0.7 - One fo the "Insanity" rooms are pitch black

Post by AironNeil »

Not sure if it's intentional, but in one of the rooms past the glass puzzle there was a cell that, when I looked inside, made the whole screen go pitch black. I checked a room next to it so see if something weird happened to the game, but the other cells next to it showed the room normally. I'll try to recreate it in the morning to see which room it was exactly.
matt

Re: 0.7 - One fo the "Insanity" rooms are pitch black

Post by matt »

Hmmm... I haven't seen that. Any more info tracking that down would be greatly helpful. A screenshot of the hallway before the black cell would help us get to the bottom of it.

Thanks!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
AironNeil

Post by AironNeil »

Sorry for not responding for a while, after a little more testing, the issue would only come up if I've played the level for a little bit and was looking into rooms the whole time. But when I quit and come back in the room shows up normally. The 2nd time I did it, the room that was pitch black was a different one from last time, so it's no specific room.
matt

Post by matt »

I'm so sorry to hear you are having issues.

Can you give me your system specs? What operating system are you running? What video card do you have? Do you have the latest drivers.

Thanks for your help, and I'll try to get this sorted out.
-Matt Gilgenbach
AironNeil

Post by AironNeil »

matt wrote:Can you give me your system specs? What operating system are you running? What video card do you have? Do you have the latest drivers.

Thanks for your help, and I'll try to get this sorted out.
Video card is Nividia Geforce GT 630M - 2GB
6GB ram
Intel i7 CPU 2.30GHz
and I'm running windows 7.

I don't really know much of anything about programing, but could it be similar to the problem with the game getting glitchy when changing the graphic settings because something was mentioned in there about the game using more memory the more times you did the setting changes, but it also started to use way more memory the longer I was playing the game which started at around 200MB, but got as high as 1.2GB when I did a full playthrough to the first ending.

EDIT: I recorded the issue in case that helps: Link
matt

Post by matt »

Thanks for all the info and the video! :) I *think* we may have gotten to the bottom of this, so let me know if you have this issues once we publish our next build. Hopefully it'll be in a week or two.
-Matt Gilgenbach
AironNeil

Post by AironNeil »

So I played the 0.8 build and it's still doing it, but oddly enough this time it first did it when I tried getting a closer look at the new painting in the psychiatrists office; after that, it did it again in the next room on the next cell.
matt

Post by matt »

Well crap! I thought we fixed that. Did you start the playthrough at the asylum or did you start at an earlier level and play up to the asylum?

Thanks!
-Matt Gilgenbach
AironNeil

Post by AironNeil »

I started at the asylum, I'll try playing from the beginning to see if it happens again...
matt

Post by matt »

I don't think you need to. I thought maybe it was running out of our memory pool when you start from the beginning. If it happened starting at the asylum level, then that's easier to reproduce.

Thanks for the info!
-Matt Gilgenbach