0.6 - Changing graphical settings glitch

Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
Forum rules
Please post any bugs you find in this subforum - one bug per topic. This will make it easier for us to any issues. Thank you for your help!
matt

0.6 - Changing graphical settings glitch

Post by matt »

I believe this is fixed in 0.7. Can everyone who had this issue confirm?

Thanks!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
miumiaou

Re: 0.6 - Changing graphical settings glitch

Post by miumiaou »

It's Ok to me
AironNeil

Post by AironNeil »

I change the graphic's quality a bunch of times and parts of the screen start to go away, so I think it's still there.
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Ohhhh, I think this might be a memory leak issue (or something similar)!
AironNeil wrote:I change the graphic's quality a bunch of times and parts of the screen start to go away, so I think it's still there.
Same for me. After switching 15 times or so, I started losing textures again. It took far longer than the last build for it to start happening, but this time I noticed the overall performance was dropping in addition to losing textures, and then I got a low memory warning popup in Windows 7.

It seems that with each switch, system memory is not being released/freed up(?) (I'm not sure if that's even the issue, it's been a long time since programming classes). But each time, NN definitely uses ~4 MB of additional RAM, and it just keeps increasing.

I'm running 8 GB of RAM in Windows 7 with no page file (I know, I should probably use one :) )

This is the memory usage after starting up NN:

And after switching the graphical settings a bunch of times (30+) to the point where I start losing textures and crash if I keep going:
matt

Post by matt »

You are probably okay without a page file assuming you don't run any memory hogs. :) It definitely seems like there is a leak issue. That is really helpful information. I'll have Dan take a look.

Thanks for testing it so thoroughly! :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games