Probably final build 1.0.15664 is up!

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
matt

Probably final build 1.0.15664 is up!

Post by matt »

If you get a chance, why don't you play through it and see if there are any terrible problems? I found a few bugs myself that I'm not thrilled about, but at least it's stable and mostly bug free.

The main changes are:
* General art and animation polish
* A bunch of work on the sound. There are some new sounds, replaced sounds, all sorts of stuff. Eduardo's been busy lately
* Better painting placement. We moved some paintings around to better match the themes of the level and whatnot.
* Probably a bunch of other stuff that I forgot.

I hope you like the game!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Re: Probably final build 1.0.15664 is up!

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Exciting!

I'm doing a quick run right now, and one issue I caught is when you bring up the menu while in a game now it says "Restart" as the top option instead of "Resume" or "Continue"
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Matt, I just tried to write a review, but I am still processing my feelings.

But let me just say, I love this game. I have played through every branch, and my mind is blown.

Let me just say, I'm a big fan of horror games, but usually once the game is shut off, so is my fear. That is not the case with NN. I think maybe it's because your endings are so cryptic that I'm still mulling over the symbolism of everything...but I am still creeped out.

Holy shit. Well worth every penny I backed...and seeing my name on a Tomb Stone was damn spiffy.

I have chills. I will write a glowing review tomorrow on Steam...but oh...my...god.

I don't think I'll ever play another Indie game the same, now that I've seen what a small group of people with a shoe-string budget can accomplish.
matt

Post by matt »

Awwwww.... That is the nicest thing I've read.... EVER! :-D I'm so glad the game had such an effect on you!
-Matt Gilgenbach
verbalfallacy

Post by verbalfallacy »

Finally finished playing through and I am mighty impressed with all the polishing! New levels (haven't played for a while, forgive me), new paintings included and the voice overs! <3 Fantastic job! After unlocking all the endings, I'm very much in love with this game and honestly wish there could be more to play. I can't get over how brilliant it is. Well done guys.

Also, not sure if this was mentioned somewhere, but who were the voice actors? I probs missed it on the credits too XD
matt

Post by matt »

I'm so glad to hear you really enjoyed the game! :)

Josh Grelle (from Attack on Titan) did the adult Thomas and Elizabeth Maxwell (the new voice of Motoko from Ghost in the Shell) did young Thomas and both adult and child Gabby.

I think they did an excellent job! :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
nsane

Post by nsane »

Man, I got a bit busy and forgot to check here and it's now released? I guess I've got a bit of catching up to do.
matt

Post by matt »

Not only has it been released, but it's been patched with some crash fixes. :) We are on 1.1 now. hehe
-Matt Gilgenbach
verbalfallacy

Post by verbalfallacy »

Ahh! I asked because I totally recognised Josh Grelle's voice (am a big AoT fan!) but wanted to make sure first. That is really awesome! His voice really suits Thomas and ofc Gabby's voice is brilliant too! Great voice casting (is someone an anime fan there?? XD).
matt

Post by matt »

Eduardo was in charge of casting, and we did it based in the Texas area, which seems to have a lot of anime production I think. I'm really happy with how it turned out as well!
-Matt Gilgenbach