[SPOILERS] Discover the branch to Destroyed Dreams contest!

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
matt

[SPOILERS] Discover the branch to Destroyed Dreams contest!

Post by matt »

In the new 0.7 build, we now have the first branch in the narrative! There is a way to take an alternate path in the “Together at Last” level. I’m not sure how easy or hard it will be for people to find it, so I’m organizing a contest!

The first person to post on this forum page how to get to Destroyed Dreams will receive Steam keys for:
  • Awesomenauts
  • Go Home Dinosaurs
  • Retro/Grade
Please use the spoiler tag with your solutions in case people stumble on the thread. I’m really curious to see how long it takes the mystery to be solved.

PS. Selecting the level in our old buggy menu does not count. It also doesn't count if the level is still unlocked in your save. You actually have to figure out how to get there from "Together at Last".

Anyway, I hope you guys have fun trying to find the new level. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
tombombodil

Re: [SPOILERS] Discover the branch to Destroyed Dreams conte

Post by tombombodil »

in the dark level with the zombie girl I entered the door in the room where you see Gabbie in the "stirrups" Then went through another hospital scene with a zombie "me" with an AX. The ending was me waking up with bloody bandaged arms with Gabbie There. I woke up.

Just for more props :)

Last edited by tombombodil on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Figured it out :D
Basically at the point where you're walking in the darkness. When you get to the third vision where Gabby is in the chair with blood around her abdomen (Implying the abortion angle of the story), you can run into the door next to her body which leads to a room with a hole in the floor that you climb into. Thus leading into the next level

Even got an achievement which is nice hahaa. I'll post my thoughts on the new build later though as I need to get to bed! Hahaha. I know I was beaten to the punch by the poster before but still haha :P
Last edited by JPrice on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
matt

Post by matt »

Tombombodil, you win! Can you direct message me to get your keys? :-D It only took 3 hours for someone to figure it out from the build going up. Pretty good! :-)

JPrice, 4 minutes too late! :-P I found some more keys, so I can give you AAAAA for the Awesome or Monster Loves You as a consolation prize.

Tom, you could trade in for one of those titles if you'd like. :-D

Thanks guys for cracking the mystery of the new branch!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
tombombodil

Post by tombombodil »

JPrice wrote:Figured it out :D
Basically at the point where you're walking in the darkness. When you get to the third vision where Gabby is in the chair with blood around abdomen (Implying the abortion angle of the story), you can run into the door next to her body which leads to a room with a hole in the floor that you climb into. Thus leading into the next level

Even got an achievement which is nice hahaa. I'll post my thoughts on the new build later though as I need to get to bed! Hahaha. I know I was beaten to the punch by the poster before but still haha :P
It was a close race friend! Did you play all the way from the beginning or just start at "together at last" ?
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

tombombodil wrote:It was a close race friend! Did you play all the way from the beginning or just start at "together at last" ?
Yes well done on the victory!
Oh I played from "Together At Last" but I tried twice as I didn't get the path the first time hahaa :)
matt wrote:JPrice, 4 minutes too late! :-P I found some more keys, so I can give you AAAAA for the Awesome or Monster Loves You as a consolation prize.
Oh awesome! Thanks for the consolation prize :D I'll give "Monster Loves You" a try if you don't mind, though do let me know if you find any other keys lying around as the more choice, the merrier I guess. Though you don't have to, I'm perfectly satisfied with "Monster Loves You" if you have no others :) Thanks again for the consolation prize!
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/