Alright just got done with the last level and man it's quite a lot to take in hahaha
I'll break down my thoughts on it now though
- Loved the disjointed feel of the level as a whole. Just how every previous level was blended into this one, gave it a real sense of "Ok this is coming to a close".
-The music is really good again. Very distorted and broken sounding, love it!
- I knew there was going to be a mix of enemies in one of these levels sooner or later hahaha
- The new elements (Intestines everywhere, doll hands coming out of the floor) are just...creepy man *shudders*
- Walking through the hanging Gabrielle corpses was also very creepy, both in the forest and in the house
- Like the new coloured cell doors, fit nicely into the world without sticking out
- The repeating room bit was well done, just got worse and worse in there man
- That long stairwell in the darkness was so eerie man. Just how pulled back the camera was and how much darkness is surrounding you, chilling stuff
Now the big topic: The ending
- First, the "womb" area was a little...I don't know. I want to say that it looked out of place artistically but in a way I can kinda get why. Like when I first saw it I was like "Whoa this is way different from what I've seen before". Maybe that was the intended effect, to startle you with how alien it is showing up like this with all the previous art being black and white. If that was the intended effect then it did a pretty good job at it!
- The actual ending though was good and made sense, like I can't really point out how it wouldn't make sense at the moment anyway. It actually made me feel pretty bad for Thomas considering he had to deal with the pain of losing his daughter and being traumatised by it. I'm still interested though how she died. I'm guessing it was something to do with hanging as that often appears with her (Hanging in the attic, the forest, the mansion near the end) but who knows!
- Only thing I thought was weird was how quick it cut to the ending. Like you had Gabby reading out the letter, Thomas crying and then bam just credits out of nowhere. Maybe a nice small fade out scene or something would help it transition better I feel, as it feels rather jarring at the moment. But this is just my opinion so I'd be interested in what other people here think
Overall though, I thought this was a good build! Level lives up to the standard set by the previous ones and the ending was pretty well done with some good closure. Well done chaps