Dialog feedback!

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)

What work do you think needs to be done on the dialog scenes?

Just replace the voices. With better line readings, you'll be all set.
57%
The writing is awkward. The script needs tweaking.
29%
They are too long. Trim it down!
14%
They are weird. Why are the conversations so strange?
No votes

Total votes: 7

RightClickSaveAs

Re: Dialog feedback!

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

I read the Kickstarter update and that helps it make more sense what you were trying to go for. I'll be playing through it at least a couple more times, so I'll keep all that in mind when I do and see how I think it fits with that.

Another option, you can always just go Full Lynch and record all the dialogue backward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjKZzKLpNII
:P
matt

Post by matt »

Well, I think if I need to explain my intention for people to not think it has issues, then it probably needs work regardless. I'll have to go over it a bunch and see what I can come up with, and I'll post the new scripts here for thoughts. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
nsane

Post by nsane »

To be honest, I think the only things that are needed are clarity (as in the quality of the actual clip itself) and volume tweaks. Yes, the writing and delivery are a bit clunky, but I feel that gives the characters, character. It makes them feel more genuine and gives the dialog sequences a surreal feeling to them.
matt

Post by matt »

That's good to hear! We will definitely re-record it, so it sounds better, and I did tweak the scripts slightly to make it a little less awkward. It's still pretty awkward though. hahah
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games