Alpha 0.3 Discussion [SPOILERS]

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
Harry Sunderland

Re: Alpha 0.3 Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Gagaplex, mega man boss rush perhaps? :)
matt

Post by matt »

gagaplex wrote:Out of curiosity:
Will there be levels with more than one monster-type? Like, a mash-up level, perhaps, so they all fit into their particular niche?
Or even a mash-up of environments (with, say, the Baby in the asylum along with its typical, displaced closet or the Jacket with its broken glass mechanic in the mansion) and doodads and decorations from other places mixed in, fusing them into one?
Also, will there be levels with just one monster that "follows you" around, kind of like that shadow from the Kickstarter Demo outside the window, but with actual repeated encounters/dangers?
No comment. :D Take my refusal to answer that however you'd like. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

Harry Sunderland wrote:Gagaplex, mega man boss rush perhaps? :)
Hehe, sure, why not? I dunno exactly what type of climax they are going for yet, but if dream realities start breaking down, I could imagine them meshing and twisting (allowing for recycling of assets and monsters and thus saving time while still creating something impressive and weird) into each other, having one monster follow the other as you stumble through the remnants of what were before different realities.
matt wrote:No comment. :D Take my refusal to answer that however you'd like. :)
Hm. :-)
I'm guessing at least some of those will be true, then.
matt

Post by matt »

I dunno exactly what type of climax they are going for yet, but if dream realities start breaking down, I could imagine them meshing and twisting (allowing for recycling of assets and monsters and thus saving time while still creating something impressive and weird) into each other, having one monster follow the other as you stumble through the remnants of what were before different realities.
That sounds like a REALLY good idea. :-P
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lotus Prince

Post by Lotus Prince »

The realities crashing into each other reminds me of Alice: Madness Returns. The results can be quite interesting. :-D
matt

Post by matt »

I think we have some really interesting things on the horizon. That's all I'm going to say. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach