Share Your Reaction Videos For Alpha 0.2

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
miumiaou

Re: Share Your Reaction Videos For Alpha 0.2

Post by miumiaou »

If you want to do a capture video, there's camstudio but I had a lot of problems with this one so if you need help just come and ask
GabrielPP

Post by GabrielPP »

Thanks, I will trie that, if anyone have another program or even some tip or something :roll:
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

To do a reaction video where you film yourself as well as the game, you need to record yourself with a webcam or video camera of some sort, while also recording the screen, then edit the two together with some kind of video editing software.

For recording the screen, you can use something like Fraps which is really popular but not free, the trial version is limited to 30 seconds. Another program which I used is Bandicam, which can record free for 10 minutes, but that's not long enough for a full Neverending Nightmares playthrough at this point. I cheated by just doing part of the last level :) . I also didn't do a real reaction video, but Bandicam (and I think Fraps will let you too) gives you an option to record yourself talking with your microphone then mix that audio in with the game audio, which is what I did. Really that's more of a Let's Play I guess. If I did this again I'd probably buy Fraps or Bandicam, they're like $40 USD.

Now for recording yourself, I don't have a camera so I was unable to do this part, but I found a program called VSDC editor that lets you put a smaller video (your reaction) over a larger video (the game). It's not the best program I've used and it takes some time to figure out the interface, but it's free and doesn't try to install any adware or anything: http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor

So yeah, I've never done any videos or anything before, but when I looked into it I found there was a lot more to it than I thought there would be. The Youtube people make it look so easy! I think a lot of them use Fraps or even a video capture card, which is a whole other thing, and then something like Adobe Premiere for the editing, which is kinda pricey.
GabrielPP

Post by GabrielPP »

hmm Okay, thanks for your help :D
right now I'm kind of busy because I'm doing the test and everything to take my driver license.
But I will do as soon as I can ( I haven't played the alpha yet...so yes I really want to to this xD )
matt

Post by matt »

Yeah, I use FRAPS for all the in game recording. It really can't be beat! Well, except maybe the Nvidia high end card feature that records it in the driver, but I don't know if that even exists yet.

I bought it, and it was money well spent, but I can understand if you guys don't want to. Fraps has an option to Record external input, which is what I use to record my webcam mic when I make the playthrough videos. I don't edit myself into that, but RightClickSaveAs used VSDC.

Anyway, good luck on your driving test, and I look forward to your playthrough video if you can get the software to do it!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
GabrielPP

Post by GabrielPP »

I forgot to tell, I played everything this afternoon, I'm doing the render right now, probably in one hour or some I will be posting, and it is better to create a new topic ?

EDIT: I'm editing again because there one bug in the image ;^;

EDIT 2 : I'm rendering everything again... so I will post tomorrow only D: (rendering + youtube = a lot of time )

EDIT 3: Posted :D