Alpha 0.2 discussion! [SPOILERS]

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
miumiaou

Re: Alpha 0.2 discussion! [SPOILERS]

Post by miumiaou »

My boyfriend think it'd be better if the picture with the family isn't coloured until it fell because it draws attention to the picture and it's less surprising
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

For the graveyard, I did get some laughs out of a couple of the headstone names, but also like Grabthehoopka said that's partly because I know the names of most of your development team. Like "Johann Sebastian Gilgenbach" was pretty funny, was that a backer request? That was something I was thinking about too though, considering the serious tone, I'm not sure if some of the lighter ones fit the scene.

A minor suggestion, would Justin "LP" Frehling (sorry if I didn't remember the exact name) mind if it were instead something like Justin L.P. Frehling? I wouldn't think a lot of people in the 1800s used nicknames, especially on a headstone, but having a couple middle names was common and would seem to fit a lot more.
matt

Post by matt »

Johann Sebastian Gilgenbach" is what my dad wanted and he was a big backer. I guess that's secretly what he wanted to name his children. hahaha

If you didn't know my name, do you think those names would be weird? I'll see what we can do about making them less conspicuous. Maybe hide them in an little offshoot of a graveyard that you don't need to explore mostly in the shadows... or something. hahah

Hmm... That is a good idea about Justin "LP" Frehling. I'll have to run it by him.

Not coloring the frame is an interesting idea. I'll have to give that some thought.

Thanks!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Oh that's awesome, how cool of your dad! The name has a nice ring to it for sure. Yeah if I didn't know anyone's name, the only two that really stand out for me are Justin "LP" Fruhling (just because of the quotation marks nickname) and "Johann Sebastian Gilgenbach" still does a little bit, because of the wordplay on the composer's name. No offense to your dad though! :)
matt

Post by matt »

Haha, no worries. I'm sure my dad knows it's a funny name. haha I think my mom vetoed it. I'm already thinking of ways we can hide Johann Sebastian. hahah
-Matt Gilgenbach
loverofbooks

Post by loverofbooks »

Wow, i haven't checked in on this place in a while. I noticed that we had a new alpha test out and i just played this alpha test and i am giving me opinion on it now, yes i know i'm late to the party for give me I've had a ton of tests in school and a lot of family things going on. Anyways onto the review of this alpha level, i personally like the chase scene and the silhouette of the person hanging. Although i must say this to Joe, why did you put more baby dolls in there?! WHY?! It was like i couldn't get away from the blasted things! I swear if one of them got up and started following me i would have been like "nope nope nope, i'm done i'm done!!" My boyfriend thought it was funny to hear about my reaction to the baby dolls, so thanks Joe! You have apparently made my boyfriend laugh and made me shiver and not want to open any doors to any of the rooms!

P.S.- I'm assuming Joe was the one who put in the baby dolls, if it's not then who ever it was that message was for you!
One of these days your going to have to choose between what is easy and what is right. ~Unknown
matt

Post by matt »

Joe indeed placed the dolls in the level. We worked hard to have a gradual progression of increasing dolls as you progress through the level. :) Why don't you check on the new build? It's way better. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach