Filter Keys - EDIT: Fix listed in thread

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
FateAppointed

Filter Keys - EDIT: Fix listed in thread

Post by FateAppointed »

When I hold the Shift down for many seconds, Window asks (jumps out of game) if I want to put 'Filter Keys' on. I am using Windows 7 and Steam.

EDIT: Fix is listed in a post below.
Last edited by FateAppointed on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
matt

Re: Filter Key

Post by matt »

Well, I'm not sure what to do about that other than move it off of shift. But shift is the default "run" button in a lot of games I thought... What button do you think run should be?
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
FateAppointed

Re: Filter Keys

Post by FateAppointed »

You are right, many games do use Shift to run (or crouch). However, with those games I have never had this 'Filter Keys' problem. Must be a way to disable this 'feature' from happening.

Edit: Ok, found the way to disable this (read next post).

The reason why this Shift to run never caused issues before with other games is because I always used the Left Shift for running (because I was using WASD for movement) and with NN I was using the Right Shift (which is linked to 'Filter Keys') for running due to using the arrow keys (which I never do) for movement.

Definitely love being able to run. Glad we now have a fix.
Last edited by FateAppointed on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
FateAppointed

Re: Filter Keys - FIX

Post by FateAppointed »

This is the fix to disable the 'Filter Keys' feature that happens when holding down the Shift key for several seconds on Windows 7.

Click open the 'Control Panel'
Click open the 'Ease of Access Center'
Click the link 'Make the keyboard easier to use'
Click the link 'Set up Filter Keys'
De-select (un-check) the box for 'Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds'
Click on button 'Apply'
Click on button 'OK'
Close window
matt

Re: Filter Keys - EDIT: Fix listed in thread

Post by matt »

Awesome, thanks for sorting that out! In the long term, we'll have keyboard customization options, so people can change it if they really want to keep on filter keys.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games