Game Bug: Candlestick crash [SPOILER/ALPHA 0.1]

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
pandy91

Game Bug: Candlestick crash [SPOILER/ALPHA 0.1]

Post by pandy91 »

Hi everyone!
Wasn't sure where to post this since there isn't an official bugs/improvements forum. (To my knowledge at least.)

I've started the game twice and ran into the same problem. When I go to pick up the candlestick the game crashes! Has anyone else encountered the same issue? If there is a proper feedback forum you can direct me there as well. Cheers.

Pandy
pandy91

Re: Game Bug: Candlestick crash

Post by pandy91 »

Just realized the alpha only came out a day or two ago? :oops: I'm hoping we'll have a bug sub-thread in the near future.
siovannie

Post by siovannie »

Alpha is here? Where can I get it? I got alpha as well.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

yes me too
pandy91

Post by pandy91 »

I got mine through my humble bundle account. I'd suggest checking yours if you have one or setting one up. It can locate games you've purchased if you used the same email for kickstarter.
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

You sure it's the alpha, and not the early demo that's been out for a while already? On the latest email/Kickstarter update, Matt said:
PS. We almost have everything in place, so the alpha should launch next week (hopefully on Monday). I can't wait to hear what you think! :-D
and that was on Wednesday. Plus I believe Matt said he was traveling for Thanksgiving weekend, so he's not home currently.
pandy91

Post by pandy91 »

Well, I thought it was the alpha considering it just appeared in my HB account. o.o Unless they made the demo available through steam and HB. Regardless I got that glitch going on so I haven't been able to progress in the game. :cry:
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I just made my HB account and I have nothing
pandy91

Post by pandy91 »

Here, I've made a few screenshots so you can see how to check for your copy of NN. You have to have used the same email from your kickstarter account but I think you can contact the Humble Bundle team if this doesn't work.

First go to your library by clicking your email at the top right corner of the homepage. (I assume you've done that already.)
Then you'll notice at the top of the page, you're instructed to claim past purchases by clicking the small "+" sign on the right. (Cropped off here but you can see it from my photobucket page.) This is how I found my copy of NN since it is not a purchase through Humble Bundle.

Simply click on the game if it shows up and it will be added to your library. Once that is done you can access your game by scrolling to the bottom of the library to see "other products" you have purchased outside of Humble Bundle.

Clicking the link will direct you to a product page unique to your account. It will have the steam product key which you have to manually add to steam. I believe future releases of the game will be through Humble Bundle or similar sites? If anyone knows how releases will be distributed aside from Humble Bundle or Kickstarter let me know.

Pandy
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Oh thanks, I didn't know about this at all!

I didn't have a Humble Bundle account, but I just made one using the same email I used for the Kickstarter, and it gave me a Steam key. It is indeed the new Alpha, the run mechanic is there. Playing it right now, I'll see if the candle crashes me as well.

I believe Matt said he'd be putting up a beta testing forum, so the bug stuff can go in there once that's up and running.