Why Thomas sucks at running?

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
sant

Why Thomas sucks at running?

Post by sant »

Have u even wonder why Thomas sucks at running. I did some research recently and I have the scientific explanation for that.
One day I had a dream, in the dream I was trudging at running, I can't run fast and barely stay on a straight line. So I woke up and googled it. I found that's a thing, it's very common that in dreams u can't run fast or punch hard. U can google it and see for yourself. But the scientific explanation for that is when dreaming, ur brain is generating weird images. Certain part of the brain temporary gets cut of to stop you from moving ur limbs. But the part that determines where is the body in space, helps ur body balancing still working. When u dreams of running (or punching), ur brain is seeing images of u doing that action, but it also receives signal saying that ur limbs is doing nothing and ur body is not moving. So the brain thinks "the body must be running and standing still at the same time". So u will feel that ur legs is heavy and u can't run fast, everything turn slow motion. So overall I think that it's not because of Thomas has asthma, it's because of he's in the dream.
Spoiler ahead, the part in the forest in childish things, Lil' gabby tells Thomas to "faster", "u gotta run, tommy", how a sister doesn't know her brother has asthma, because Thomas doesn't have asthma, this makes perfect sense
sry if my english sucks, it's my second language
matt

Re: Why Thomas sucks at running?

Post by matt »

So sorry for the late response. That is a really interesting point! I have felt that way in dreams as well.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
MartyHen

Re: Why Thomas sucks at running?

Post by MartyHen »

What do you mean by "sucks at running" though?
I'm a supporter of probiotics for women because they work.