251 - Retro Console Marketing

Developer diaries about creating Neverending Nightmares.
matt

251 - Retro Console Marketing

Post by matt »

Since I am moving, I was going through some of my old video game boxes and thought it'd be interesting to look how game consoles of old were marketed.

Forgive me if this video is boring and self indulgent. I may be the only one who gets excited when looking through old stuff like that.

-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
evilkinggumby

Re: 251 - Retro Console Marketing

Post by evilkinggumby »

OK that was hella fun. Love the Catalog for the Jaguar. :) I would kill for half that gear. Now you need to get a atari jaguar baseball cap and wear it for your next kickstarter, guaranteed to get triple the funding. :)

is sort of kool, though disorienting to see your office. seems like fairly tight space and whats with all the foam peanuts?! :) lol
[I am Evilkinggumby on DeviantArt and Steam if you want to looks me up!]
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

I enjoyed watching that as well! So many things I'm seeing there that I almost bought as a kid/teenager, thankfully I didn't have the money.

I looked on Ebay but sadly couldn't manage to dig up a single Jaguar denim jacket or hat. I'd imagine those are pretty rare (but probably still worthless) items at this point!
matt

Post by matt »

Since I'm moving, half of my apartment has been covered in spilled packing peanuts! I'm glad you guys enjoyed my nostalgic look at console's of old! Some day, if I ever run into a lot of time, I'd like to do a weekly stream of weird games because I have a million. Unfortunately, time is pretty short these days - especially with the move. I haven't been keeping up on the forums. :-/ Sorry!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games