192 - Thank you!

Developer diaries about creating Neverending Nightmares.
matt

192 - Thank you!

Post by matt »

I just wanted to thank all of the backers and everyone who helped make this game possible. A very special thank you to all of you alpha/beta backers who really helped me steer the game in a positive direction. The game would have sucked without you guys, so I really appreciate it!

-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Re: 192 - Thank you!

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Awww, thank YOU! Following the game's development has been a great experience.
GabrielPP

Post by GabrielPP »

first (that I'm writing after all this text) I really cryed with this video, and I'm not the best one to express my emotions but I tried and I didn't even know what to say, but here it's :
Matt the only thing that I have to say, you can count with me for any game that you make
I know that I was much more present at the kickstarter campaign, and I really wish that I could help more through the development, but it was a difficult year for me, and from all projects that I helped to found this is the only one that I really wanted to participate with everything.
You guys really deserved all congratulations, not only the development team, but you all backers, this was and is one of the best communities.
and I really thank you all until today for saving me and helping this project come true, because I could let the project being found and then my credit card wouldn't aprove all that money, and the game would be a failure, but you helped me and the project to succeed with peace in mind.
Matt, I have to thank you for all your courage ob this project, we all know how intimate this project is for you, and from some one that know how is having depression, with that I can tell how important this project is, I know how is to have anyone that understand you, how you feel, and on my case how I though that even the psychologist couldn't understand me and how I felt.; your project succeed on that too.
Other thing that I'm truly grateful for is that you all adopted Gabrielle/Gabby as a name, I know that I was that important trough the development and you could change that but you keep.
I don't know what to say anymore but congratulations everyone.
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

I'm gonna have to agree with Gabriel here, watching this video was fairly emotional. I mean just around the half way mark when it's clear just how thankful and emotional you are to everyone who backed the game, got me right in the heart hahaa.

I'm eager to see how well Neverending Nightmares does for you in the long run considering you deserve a lot of success from it and I'll gladly back any new project you work on! :D
Speaking of success, how are the numbers looking currently if you don't mind me asking?

It's been a fun ride from start to finish and I'll gladly do it again if I have the chance! :)
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
matt

Post by matt »

Awww. You guys are so nice. I couldn't have done it without you.

I'm not sure if I had unrealistic expectations or what, but it's selling worse than I had expected - especially given that we have a Markiplier and PewDiePie video. However, I also predicted a steep drop off after day 1, but we've been selling roughly the same since launch, so hopefully we will be able to carry this momentum through Halloween. I don't know how realistic that is, but I can hope. :)

It does seem like we created a game that has a bit more of a limited audience than I had hoped for. It's clear that the focus on atmosphere over everything else might not be the most financially successful model. To me, atmosphere is the most important part of horror, so I thought we succeeded admirably, but perhaps people prefer the Five Nights at Freddy's style of game. It was really interesting watching Polygon's video where Griffin talks about the game. What I thought would be the best compliment ever (the continuing ratcheting up of tension) seems to make Griffin not like the game... Perhaps that's why the game hasn't found as much universal appeal as Five Nights at Freddy's?

Who knows...
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games