Transcripts

Developer diaries about creating Neverending Nightmares.
mario

Transcripts

Post by mario »

I think it'd be great if Matt publishes transcripts of some of his Developer Diaries. They could be published as entries on his blog or elsewhere, e.g. a Google document.
Neverending Nightmares fans would have the opportunity to read them on their portable devices. Besides, there could be fans that really need them, such as hearing-impaired fans; also speakers of English as a second language may find it easier to translate the Developer Diaries if they have a transcript. Youtube has built-in closed captions but many times they are mistaken.
matt

Re: Transcripts

Post by matt »

Hi Mario,

While I agree that it'd be great to have them, I spend as much time I can spare on developer diaries, so I don't think I would have time to type them all up. If someone else wants to undertake that, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Sorry!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I think I'll try to do it, but should I do this only in english or in french too?
mario

Post by mario »

miumiaou wrote:I think I'll try to do it, but should I do this only in english or in french too?
I think it'd be nice to have both, but if they're just in English, it'd be also ok. Fans that need them translated could use tools like Google Translate.
matt

Post by matt »

Wow, that would be super cool! I think English would probably be sufficient. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I think I'll do in french too (if I have the time to do it) since it's not too difficult and google translate isn't great.
matt

Post by matt »

You are awesome! :-D
-Matt Gilgenbach
mario

Post by mario »

I'd also like to make Developer Diaries transcripts, but I have to see if can manage to get enough time.
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Hey Matt, I made an English transcript of your recent Developer Diary "83 - Scope fears"
Would you prefer that I posted it within that thread or make a new topic called like "83. Scope fears - Transcript"?
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
matt

Post by matt »

Sure, you can post it in that thread. Do you mind if I copy it to the blog as well? That would make it quite a bit more bloggy rather than a place to just dump my youtube videos. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach