oh-hiyo!

Say hello to the rest of the community. Need an ice breaker? Share what your favorite horror movie is.
Lauren

oh-hiyo!

Post by Lauren »

I am Lauren Patrick.
From West Virginia, moved to Virginia when parents separated.
I am a gymnast and work very hard. I also try to strive in my honors classes in school.
I am a closet otaku, but I won't be afraid to join a conversation about the latest show premiering soon or that one smexy k-pop band.
I have vitiligo. A skin disorder in which causes depigmentation to occur in symmetrical-patterned patches on the skin. I always originally had tan caucasian skin. The chance of getting vitiligo is less than 1 percent and at my age it is rare. It doesn't affect health and is not at all contagious. It simply causes discoloration in the skin. It may cause depression and social anxiety, though.
Anyway, it's nice to meet ya!
matt

Re: oh-hiyo!

Post by matt »

Hi Lauren!

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you. :) I'm am sorry to hear about your vitiligo, social anxiety, and depression. School can be tough and kids can be unfair. I had problems with being bullied and ridiculed growing up, so I know how hard that can be. Things got a lot better when I graduated and associated with like-minded people. Hopefully things will get better for you. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

another otaku! (yeah!)

Welcome here!
(what sort of anime/manga do you like?)
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Hey Lauren!

Welcome to the forum, hopefully you'll find it nice here :D Sadly I'm not into anime that heavily to discuss it with ya but I've watched a couple so I guess that's something hahaha
Sucks to hear about your social anxiety and depression :/ Hopefully you'll find it OK to talk and discuss on here as we'd love to have you stick around hahaa :)

Anyway it's nice to meet you as well! :D
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/