Is this thing on?

Say hello to the rest of the community. Need an ice breaker? Share what your favorite horror movie is.
nsane

Is this thing on?

Post by nsane »

Horror movies? Hmm. . . Not sure if you could call it "horror" or not, but it would have to be Session 9. Without spoiling it, it has some great twists and an excellent ending. Another great movie I like is more of a mind screw than horror called Perfect Blue. It really takes you for a ride and leaves you questioning your sanity.

I'm a big fan of horror games and admittedly, kind of a snob when it comes to the genre, unfortunately. My favorite dev is Frictional Games. I've been a big fan of theirs ever since the original Penumbra tech demo. The Penumbra and Amnesia series, are for me, the best examples of pacing and atmosphere, though A Machine for Pigs was a bit disappointing, yet still good.
matt

Re: Is this thing on?

Post by matt »

I liked Section 9, and I *LOVE* Perfect Blue.

I'm sure everyone on this forum loves Frictional. :) A Machine for Pigs definitely had a different feel - probably because it was developed by A Chinese Room. To me, it had more in common with A Chinese Room's last game (Dear Esther) than Amnesia.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games