I'm Matt Gilgenbach (the developer guy)

Say hello to the rest of the community. Need an ice breaker? Share what your favorite horror movie is.
matt

I'm Matt Gilgenbach (the developer guy)

Post by matt »

I figured I might as well start! My favorite horror movie is "The Shining". :-)

-Matt
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
ranger_lennier

Re: I'm Matt Gilgenbach (the developer guy)

Post by ranger_lennier »

I'm Paul, and my favorite horror film is Evil Dead II.
striderhiryux

Post by striderhiryux »

The name is Sokun. Probably won't see anyone else with a name like mines. I don't do Forum. It's a new concept to me. I saw how great the community for this game was and I'm stepping out of my comfort zone to try to be an active member of this Forum. Hmmm I like horror films but I'm kinda picky about the ones I watch. Not into hack and slash. I guess The Mist (2007) by stephen king would be pretty horrifying. Especially the ending.
ReonaReaper

Post by ReonaReaper »

You can call me Reona, it's not my real name but its more fun and less formal that way.

I'm also not a huge fan of hack and slash, more so, if the film lacks a decent storyline which I'm sure can be subjective. 'It' would be my favorite horror film, also a Stephan King, for those of you who don't know its about a devious shape-shifting entity that usually prefers the form of a fanged and child-eating clown. Though I enjoy the way King plays with fear by mixing ingredients such as human nature and the paranormal, integrated into his novels.
Raziel_cz

Post by Raziel_cz »

Hello, I'm Martin and I like intelligent games by passionate developers. That's pretty much why I backed Neverending Nightmares. My favourite horror movie is... Well, I can't decide if I love more "The Thing" (1982) or "In the Mouth of Madness" (1995). Both were directed byl John Carpenter back in the days when he still had it, so whatever. Great flicks no matter which one is better. But to give you a piece of specific information, my number one horror book is Salem's Lot by Stephen King.
Last edited by Raziel_cz on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loudERIC

Post by loudERIC »

Hey, everyone! I'm Eric. My favorite horror movie is Alien. Growing up my dad was a big fan of horror movies and shared his love of them with me once I was the right age. The experience of watching Alien for the first time left a big, long lasting impression. To this day I am a big horror and sci-fi fan.

I'm a burgeoning game developer myself and look forward to providing input on the game as Matt approaches backers for input. Heck, who knows. Once I get around to working on my thing I may share it and look for feed back from the other backers here. :D Gotta fix my computer first, though. Can't make a game on a computer that likes to crash randomly. :/
"If you're going through Hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

Hi! I'm Maria
I haven't any favourite horror movie but I have a favourite horror anime, it's Umineko no naku koro ni (and all the When they cry series).
My favourite RPGmaker horror game is Mad Father.
matt

Post by matt »

It's great to have you all.

I also love "The Thing", "The Mist", and "Alien". :-D I'll have to check out "Umineko no naku koro ni" and "In the Mouth of Madness". :-D

-Matt
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Reinik

Post by Reinik »

Hi, you can call me by my username because I don't like my real name.
I don't think I watch nearly enough horror movies and I can't really pick a favorite, but I have watched The Shining and I gotta say Jack Nicholson makes the most amazing faces. The last horror movie and last horror anime I watched was The Ring and Another, respectively. I never finished Umineko though, but I really liked Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
Oh, and my favorite game is Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Hi guys, my name is Eddie. You may have seen me posting in the KS comment section.

I'm not sure if I would consider either of these my favorite horror film, but the most effective horror films I've ever seen are "Funny Games" (1997) and "The Last House on the Left" (1972). Both films have fairly recent remakes, which I cannot vouch for, but the originals of both left me sleepless the nights I watched them. They are both just so horribly disturbing. I won't go into detail in case anyone hasn't seen them, but let's just say they both really took the genre to places I'd never seen go before...*shudder*.

Mad props to Martin for citing two great John Carpenter flicks! I love "In the Mouth of Madness", and of course "The Thing" is an absolute classic.

Martin, have you seen "Prince of Darkness"? John C. considers it, along with the other two movies you mentioned, part of a trilogy of sorts. While "Prince" is my least favorite entry of the three, it certainly has some interesting religious implications in it.