I'm Matt Gilgenbach (the developer guy)

Say hello to the rest of the community. Need an ice breaker? Share what your favorite horror movie is.
FateAppointed

Re: I'm Matt Gilgenbach (the developer guy)

Post by FateAppointed »

Hi Matt! Congratulations on your successful KickStarter campaign! :D
matt

Post by matt »

Thanks! I'm thrilled I can make this game for you guys. :-)

Now I have more movies to add to my netflix queue.

-Matt
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

Hey, I'm Flo. I posted on a couple of Dev Diaries, made a Let's Play video of the demo on YouTube and am the guy called FH from the Kickstarter page.

My favourite horror movie is "In The Mouth Of Madness" by John Carpenter. I love pulp fiction like Lovecraft, King, Grant and so on, so a movie about a book changing reality into an absurd horrorscape is just awesome to me. Not to mention it has some really nice humour (my favourite colour really is blue, by the way). It also has Sam Neill in it (of Jurassic Park fame, I guess), who was really awesome in Event Horizon (far from the best horror movie ever, but one that actually managed to freak me out; very rare for me).

EDIT: Wow, really? People already mentioned "In The Mouth Of Madness"? I thought barely anybody even knew that movie.
Raziel_cz

Post by Raziel_cz »

Hey Eddie, I actually saw "Prince of Darkness" today, and I have to agree –– it's the weakest part of the Apocalypse Trilogy. The movie has some great atmosphere and a couple of maybe simple, but quite interesting philosophical quotes, its problem is though, that it's boring. "Prince" may work as a spectacular audiovisual orgy, but not as an entertaining horror film. The fun starts at the end, but by that time I didn't know if I was still watching what I began to, or some weird hotch-potch of "Big Trouble in Little China" and "They Live". It's a shame.

Flo, you pretty much expressed all the reasons why I love "In the Mouth of Madness". Bless you! By the way, I find "Event Horizon" to be one of my favourite horror flicks. The ones far from perfection are the best!
matt

Post by matt »

I'm an Event Horizion fan as well. (I also totally love Jurassic Park and Sam Neil) "In the Mouth of Madness" is next in my netflix queue. I'm excited! :-D
-Matt Gilgenbach
Raziel_cz

Post by Raziel_cz »

Sam Neill rocks! The very first movie I saw him in was probably "Merlin" and I'm so desperately in love with this one!

I also like "Daybreakers" he stars in. It's quite refreshing film after all the vampire crap I saw in recent years.

Have anyone seen "Alcatraz"? I'd like to know if it's any good.
Last edited by Raziel_cz on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunsetbrew

Post by sunsetbrew »

I am Thomas Davis.

I was fond of this short film they made us watch in middle school.
"An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuP5kUQro40

Don't know if you would call it horror, but it is not exactly forest gump either.
Tandem

Post by Tandem »

Although I'm not exactly scared of it anymore, I've always been drawn to the movie "They" for some reason. It's a really creepy movie with a real messed up concept to it!

Also I am Tanner Aumiller. I should probably introduce myself, as this is the introduction section! Haha
"For The Greater Good"
Alina David

Post by Alina David »

Hey everyone!
My name is Alina.

To tell the truth I was very scared of posting on this tread because it reminds me of the "please stand up and introduce yourself" moment from school.

I like horror,fantasy,science fiction,adventure,comedy,the supernatural,the unexplained, the weird and the strange.
One of my favorite movies is High Spirits(comedy).My favorite TV series is Coma (Korean horror)My favorite old time radio show is Inner Sanctum.Some of my favourite games are: The Lost Crown , Syberia , Primordia , Ib , Jericho ,Dragon Age , Bioshock ,Batman ,L.A.Noire , Folklore , Elder Scrolls , Amnesia , Black Mirror , Sherlock Holmes and Saya no uta.
matt

Post by matt »

I hope our forum is more friendly than the "introduce yourself" at school. I hope no one snickers at Gilgenbach :-P

We are very happy to have you Alina! :)
-Matt Gilgenbach